Re: Delivery to command in aliases ignored ?

  • Reindl Harald
    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 4 11:57 AM
      Am 04.04.2013 20:35, schrieb Charles Marcus:
      > On 2013-04-01 10:21 AM, Kajetan Dolinar <dolinar.kajetan@...> wrote:
      >> By a detailed and systematic search into my main.cf <http://main.cf>, I have found out that I had a stale
      >> alias_maps setting somewhere in the bushes amidst the comments and other settings. The first setting in the file
      >> was the correct setting (doing the mailman job) and the second one was the stale one, which remained valid in the
      >> runtime of the local process. I appologize for the confusion.
      >
      > This is *precisely* why you should always use postconf -n output (both for your *own* troubleshooting efforts, as
      > well as for when asking for help here).
      >
      > Using postcinf -n would have shown you immediately (before you even got to the point of asking for help here) your
      > problem.
      >
      > Incidentally, this is why I always leave the original main.cf as is and append *all* of my custom settings to the
      > very end of the file...

      or if you want a REALLY clean "main.cf" copy the shipped somewhere in
      a docs folder and write a COMPLETE own which is EXPLICIT

      see below a example which is clear and does not need any comment line, well
      this is a setup which does not provide smtp on the network but any other of
      my machines looks identical with a smtpd-block after the smtp-ones

      why should i want any random line in a servers config which was not
      explicitly written by myself which implicates i understand it independent
      if we speak about postfix, dovecot, mysql, apache?

      myhostname = <servers name>
      mydomain = <servers domain>
      myorigin = $mydomain
      mynetworks = 127.0.0.0/8
      smtpd_banner = $myhostname ESMTP
      mail_name = MTA

      relayhost = [my-relayhost]:587
      smtp_sasl_auth_enable = yes

      smtp_use_tls = yes
      smtp_tls_loglevel = 1
      smtp_tls_cert_file = /etc/postfix/certs/localhost.pem
      smtp_tls_key_file = /etc/postfix/certs/localhost.pem
      smtp_tls_CAfile = /etc/pki/tls/certs/ca-bundle.crt
      smtp_tls_security_level = may
      smtp_tls_note_starttls_offer = yes
      smtp_tls_session_cache_timeout = 3600s
      smtp_tls_session_cache_database = btree:/var/lib/postfix/smtp_scache

      enable_long_queue_ids = yes
      smtpd_discard_ehlo_keywords = silent-discard, etrn, dsn, vrfy, enhancedstatuscodes
      smtpd_relay_restrictions = permit_mynetworks, permit_sasl_authenticated, defer_unauth_destination
      smtpd_recipient_limit = 500
      disable_vrfy_command = yes

      mydestination =
      alias_maps = hash:/etc/aliases
      alias_database = hash:/etc/aliases
      sender_canonical_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/canonical

      double_bounce_sender = double-bounce@<servers domain>
      address_verify_sender = postmaster@<servers domain>
      empty_address_recipient = postmaster@<servers domain>
      unknown_local_recipient_reject_code = 550
      unverified_recipient_reject_code = 550
      unknown_hostname_reject_code = 501
      unknown_address_reject_code = 550
      bounce_template_file = /etc/postfix/bounce.cf
      message_size_limit = 10485760

      body_checks_size_limit = 1024
      in_flow_delay = 0
      queue_run_delay = 300
      minimal_backoff_time = 900
      maximal_backoff_time = 3600
      inet_protocols = ipv4

      readme_directory = /usr/share/doc/postfix-2.10.0/README_FILES
      sendmail_path = /usr/sbin/sendmail
      html_directory = no
      setgid_group = postdrop
      manpage_directory = /usr/share/man
      newaliases_path = /usr/bin/newaliases
      mailq_path = /usr/bin/mailq

      queue_directory = /var/spool/postfix
      command_directory = /usr/sbin
      daemon_directory = /usr/libexec/postfix
      data_directory = /var/lib/postfix
      mail_owner = postfix
      Message 2 of 12 , Apr 4 12:54 PM
        Charles Marcus:
        > On 2013-04-01 10:21 AM, Kajetan Dolinar <dolinar.kajetan@...> wrote:
        > > By a detailed and systematic search into my main.cf <http://main.cf>,
        > > I have found out that I had a stale alias_maps setting somewhere in
        > > the bushes amidst the comments and other settings. The first setting
        > > in the file was the correct setting (doing the mailman job) and the
        > > second one was the stale one, which remained valid in the runtime of
        > > the local process. I appologize for the confusion.
        >
        > This is *precisely* why you should always use postconf -n output (both
        > for your *own* troubleshooting efforts, as well as for when asking for
        > help here).
        >
        > Using postconf -n would have shown you immediately (before you even got
        > to the point of asking for help here) your problem.
        >
        > Incidentally, this is why I always leave the original main.cf as is and
        > append *all* of my custom settings to the very end of the file...

        Postfix has improved over time but it does not warn about multiple
        entries for the same parameter. It probably should warn, especially
        when multiple entries for the same parameter have different values.