Re: md5sum of source file

    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 1 4:18 PM
      Robert Lopez:
      > For myself, my gpg stuff works well for what I use it (Google Apps) but is
      > apparently broken for importing new keys:
      > $ gpg -v --import wietse.pgp
      > gpg: can't open `wietse.pgp': No such file or directory

      Do you have the `wietse.pgp' file? I have a copy linked from
      the Postfix source code download page.

      Wietse
    • Robert Lopez
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 2 11:51 AM
        Wietse, No I did not!  Now I have. Thanks.

        Is this sufficient to know all is ok:

        # gpg --verify postfix-2.10.0.tar.gz.sig postfix-2.10.0.tar.gz
        gpg: Signature made Mon 11 Feb 2013 09:19:00 AM MST using RSA key ID C12BCD99
        gpg: Good signature from "Wietse Venema <wietse@...>"
        gpg:          There is no indication that the signature belongs to the owner.
        Primary key fingerprint: FF 96 4A 8C 96 88 7C 6E  A4 EF AD BF 48 34 E1 BB
        # echo $?
        0

        On Mon, Apr 1, 2013 at 5:18 PM, Wietse Venema <wietse@...> wrote:
        Robert Lopez:
        > For myself, my gpg stuff works well for what I use it (Google Apps) but is
        > apparently broken for importing new keys:
        > $ gpg -v --import wietse.pgp
        > gpg: can't open `wietse.pgp': No such file or directory

        Do you have the `wietse.pgp' file? I have a copy linked from
        the Postfix source code download page.

        Robert Lopez
        Unix Systems Administrator
        Central New Mexico Community College (CNM)
        525 Buena Vista SE
        Albuquerque, New Mexico 87106
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 2 1:02 PM
          Robert Lopez:
          > Wietse, No I did not! Now I have. Thanks.
          >
          > Is this sufficient to know all is ok:
          >
          > # gpg --verify postfix-2.10.0.tar.gz.sig postfix-2.10.0.tar.gz
          > gpg: Signature made Mon 11 Feb 2013 09:19:00 AM MST using RSA key ID
          > C12BCD99
          > gpg: Good signature from "Wietse Venema <wietse@...>"
          > gpg: There is no indication that the signature belongs to the
          > owner.
          > Primary key fingerprint: FF 96 4A 8C 96 88 7C 6E A4 EF AD BF 48 34 E1 BB

          That looks right, however email is not secure enough to authenticate
          a PGP public key. Since the key has no other signature, yould have
          to meet me in person. I don't seem to have a copy that was signed
          by other people.