need advice

  • Muhammad Yousuf Khan
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 1, 2013
      i have been working on Postfix dovecot etc for couple of months and suddenly my my management ask the question that they want to sync mobile device calendar along with i map. i am sure about IMAP i can implement this with no issues but calendar sync is something that i am looking for.
       so the criteria is to sync all calender items on android and iphone and outlook etc.
      so what you please have to suggest.
      and obviously no option of third party like google calender etc.
      we are looking for some centralized solution

      Thanks

      MYk
    • Reindl Harald
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 1, 2013
        Am 01.04.2013 16:59, schrieb Muhammad Yousuf Khan:
        > i have been working on Postfix dovecot etc for couple of months and suddenly my my management ask the question that
        > they want to sync mobile device calendar along with i map. i am sure about IMAP i can implement this with no issues
        > but calendar sync is something that i am looking for.
        > so the criteria is to sync all calender items on android and iphone and outlook etc.
        > so what you please have to suggest.
        > and obviously no option of third party like google calender etc.
        > we are looking for some centralized solution

        what you search is a groupware and has nothing to do with IMAP
        and at least not with postfix which is a MTA and only a MTA
      • Bjørn Ruberg
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 1, 2013
          On 04/01/2013 04:59 PM, Muhammad Yousuf Khan wrote:
          > i have been working on Postfix dovecot etc for couple of months and
          > suddenly my my management ask the question that they want to sync
          > mobile device calendar along with i map. i am sure about IMAP i can
          > implement this with no issues but calendar sync is something that i am
          > looking for.
          > so the criteria is to sync all calender items on android and iphone
          > and outlook etc.
          > so what you please have to suggest.
          > and obviously no option of third party like google calender etc.
          > we are looking for some centralized solution

          Check out Zimbra. It runs Postfix as one of its components.

          --
          Bjørn
        • aldovillagra@...
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 1, 2013
            El Lunes, 1 de abril de 2013 17:09:57 Bjørn Ruberg escribió:
            > On 04/01/2013 04:59 PM, Muhammad Yousuf Khan wrote:
            > > i have been working on Postfix dovecot etc for couple of months and
            > > suddenly my my management ask the question that they want to sync
            > > mobile device calendar along with i map. i am sure about IMAP i can
            > > implement this with no issues but calendar sync is something that i am
            > > looking for.
            > >
            > > so the criteria is to sync all calender items on android and iphone
            > >
            > > and outlook etc.
            > > so what you please have to suggest.
            > > and obviously no option of third party like google calender etc.
            > > we are looking for some centralized solution
            >
            > Check out Zimbra. It runs Postfix as one of its components.

            Maybe you need check horde webmail...

            Aldo
          • J. Echter
            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 1, 2013
              Am 01.04.2013 16:59, schrieb Muhammad Yousuf Khan:
              > i have been working on Postfix dovecot etc for couple of months and
              > suddenly my my management ask the question that they want to sync
              > mobile device calendar along with i map. i am sure about IMAP i can
              > implement this with no issues but calendar sync is something that i am
              > looking for.
              > so the criteria is to sync all calender items on android and iphone
              > and outlook etc.
              > so what you please have to suggest.
              > and obviously no option of third party like google calender etc.
              > we are looking for some centralized solution
              >
              > Thanks
              >
              > MYk
              maybe checkout SOGo - http://www.sogo.nu

              cheers
            • Patrick Lists
              Message 6 of 9 , Apr 1, 2013
                On 04/01/2013 04:59 PM, Muhammad Yousuf Khan wrote:
                > so what you please have to suggest.
                > and obviously no option of third party like google calender etc.
                > we are looking for some centralized solution

                In addition to the previous suggestions you can also check out Zarafa
                and Open-Xchange.

                Regards,
                Patrick
              • Simon Brereton
                Message 7 of 9 , Apr 1, 2013

                  On 1 Apr 2013 18:16, "Patrick Lists" <postfix-list@...> wrote:

                  > On 04/01/2013 04:59 PM, Muhammad Yousuf Khan wrote:
                  >>
                  >> so what you please have to suggest.
                  >> and obviously no option of third party like google calender etc.
                  >> we are looking for some centralized solution
                  >

                  > In addition to the previous suggestions you can also check out Zarafa and Open-Xchange.

                  In addition to all the other options you've been given.com horde.org supports ActiveSync and synchronises mail,  calendar, address books and tasks/notes.

                  Simon

                • Robert Schetterer
                  Message 8 of 9 , Apr 1, 2013
                    Am 01.04.2013 16:59, schrieb Muhammad Yousuf Khan:
                    > i have been working on Postfix dovecot etc for couple of months and
                    > suddenly my my management ask the question that they want to sync mobile
                    > device calendar along with i map. i am sure about IMAP i can implement
                    > this with no issues but calendar sync is something that i am looking for.
                    > so the criteria is to sync all calender items on android and iphone and
                    > outlook etc.
                    > so what you please have to suggest.
                    > and obviously no option of third party like google calender etc.
                    > we are looking for some centralized solution
                    >
                    > Thanks
                    >
                    > MYk

                    calender sync is no imap or smtp function
                    its most http based ,go Horde webmail or i.e sogo
                    your question is off topic postfix or i.e dovecot

                    http://www.horde.org/apps/kronolith/screenshots
                    http://www.sogo.nu/english.html

                    Best Regards
                    MfG Robert Schetterer

                    --
                    [*] sys4 AG

                    http://sys4.de, +49 (89) 30 90 46 64
                    Franziskanerstraße 15, 81669 München

                  • Muhammad Yousuf Khan
                    Message 9 of 9 , Apr 1, 2013
                      Thanks, i sincerely appreciate all the suggestions that will help me to choose a good option for our requirement.

                      Regards

                      Myk