SASL Password mapping for multiple users on single domain

  • Julian Pilfold-Bagwell
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1 2:54 AM
      Hi All,

      I have a mail server that relays out to Office365 (forced on us by BT,
      we didn't want it), and since last week I've been having problems as
      they've just switched off the SMTP server we're using. Anyway, I've
      upgraded to Postfix 2.9 0n Centos 5 and am having a problem with the
      smtp passwords.

      I've read up on the sasl_passwd file and have the following:

      smtp.outlook.com user1@...:password

      which works fine and it relays out. The only problem I have is that I
      have about 8 users all on domain.com and and if I list them all in the
      format above, postmap complains about multiple entries for
      smtp.outlook.com. I've tried one entry for the server name followed by
      comma separating each username password pair and also putting each new
      account on a new line starting with whitespace but everything fails.

      Is there a format that I haven't found in the docs or is there another
      way of doing this?

      Thanks,

      Julian
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 1 5:04 AM
        Julian Pilfold-Bagwell:
        > Hi All,
        >
        > I have a mail server that relays out to Office365 (forced on us by BT,
        > we didn't want it), and since last week I've been having problems as
        > they've just switched off the SMTP server we're using. Anyway, I've
        > upgraded to Postfix 2.9 0n Centos 5 and am having a problem with the
        > smtp passwords.
        >
        > I've read up on the sasl_passwd file and have the following:
        >
        > smtp.outlook.com user1@...:password
        >
        > which works fine and it relays out. The only problem I have is that I
        > have about 8 users all on domain.com and and if I list them all in the
        > format above, postmap complains about multiple entries for
        > smtp.outlook.com. I've tried one entry for the server name followed by
        > comma separating each username password pair and also putting each new
        > account on a new line starting with whitespace but everything fails.

        Don't waste time with random experiments.

        > Is there a format that I haven't found in the docs or is there another
        > way of doing this?

        http://www.postfix.org/SOHO_README.html#client_sasl_sender

        Configuring Sender-Dependent SASL authentication

        Wietse
      • Julian Pilfold-Bagwell
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 1 9:20 AM
          On 01/04/13 13:04, Wietse Venema wrote:
          > Julian Pilfold-Bagwell:
          >> Hi All,
          >>
          >> I have a mail server that relays out to Office365 (forced on us by BT,
          >> we didn't want it), and since last week I've been having problems as
          >> they've just switched off the SMTP server we're using. Anyway, I've
          >> upgraded to Postfix 2.9 0n Centos 5 and am having a problem with the
          >> smtp passwords.
          >>
          >> I've read up on the sasl_passwd file and have the following:
          >>
          >> smtp.outlook.com user1@...:password
          >>
          >> which works fine and it relays out. The only problem I have is that I
          >> have about 8 users all on domain.com and and if I list them all in the
          >> format above, postmap complains about multiple entries for
          >> smtp.outlook.com. I've tried one entry for the server name followed by
          >> comma separating each username password pair and also putting each new
          >> account on a new line starting with whitespace but everything fails.
          > Don't waste time with random experiments.
          >
          >> Is there a format that I haven't found in the docs or is there another
          >> way of doing this?
          > http://www.postfix.org/SOHO_README.html#client_sasl_sender
          >
          > Configuring Sender-Dependent SASL authentication
          >
          > Wietse

          Hiya,

          Nice one, thanks for that. Can't believe I didn't spot it looking though
          the docs.

          All the best,

          Julian