Re: Forward internal RHEL6 server local user emails to postfix mailrelay

  • Michael Maymann
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 31, 2013
      Hi Wietse,

      thanks for your quick reply :) !

      Forwarding: I'm pretty sure this is something that is already doable with Postfix, but not sure how this is done.
      LDAP: I'm no LDAP guru. Don't even know what information is needed to help me in my quest for answer here. If this is not currently supported, hasn't this been requested already (otherwise I would love to request this as a new feature)...

      Can you please help me a little more on my way ?

      Thanks in advance :) !

      ~maymann

      2013/3/31 Wietse Venema <wietse@...>

      Thank you for using Postfix.

      Michael Maymann:
      > Anyone who knows this or can give directions ?
      >

      > thank in advance :) !
      >
      > ~maymann
      >

      > 2013/3/23 Michael Maymann <michael@...>
      >
      > > Hi list,
      > >
      > > I would like to forward all our internal RHEL6 server localuser emails to
      > > our postfix mailrelay.
      > > I have tried the following already on the RHEL6 servers:
      > > - .forward will not allow e.g. root to forward mail to user1
      > > - relayhost only relay mail for external users
      > > Is there a global postfix setting for this ?
      > >
      > > Is there a generic LDAP postfix schema so localuser -> email conversion
      > > can be done at our postfix mailrelay ?
      > > I guess there is not, and this would most likely be very customized, but
      > > what info would be needed to be able to help me on the way ?
      > >

      > > Thanks in advance :) !
      > >
      > > ~maymann

    • Peter
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 31, 2013
        On 03/23/2013 12:35 PM, Michael Maymann wrote:
        > Hi list,
        >
        > I would like to forward all our internal RHEL6 server localuser emails
        > to our postfix mailrelay.
        > I have tried the following already on the RHEL6 servers:
        > - .forward will not allow e.g. root to forward mail to user1
        > - relayhost only relay mail for external users
        > Is there a global postfix setting for this ?

        Look at /etc/aliases

        Peter
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 31, 2013
          On Mon, Apr 01, 2013 at 01:11:47PM +1300, Peter wrote:

          > On 03/23/2013 12:35 PM, Michael Maymann wrote:
          > >Hi list,
          > >
          > >I would like to forward all our internal RHEL6 server localuser emails
          > >to our postfix mailrelay.
          > >I have tried the following already on the RHEL6 servers:
          > >- .forward will not allow e.g. root to forward mail to user1
          > >- relayhost only relay mail for external users
          > >Is there a global postfix setting for this ?
          >
          > Look at /etc/aliases

          http://www.postfix.org/MULTI_INSTANCE_README.html#quick

          Handle null clients that punt all mail to a relay by not including
          $myorigin (or anything else for that matter) in $mydestination and
          by setting a relayhost to point to the mailhub. Plus some reasonable
          handling of root, ...

        • Fernando Maior
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 2, 2013
            Hi,

            I would use transport maps. Just look at the /etc/postfix/transport file, there are instructions about how to config it. You may also need to change /etc/postfix/main.cf to activate the transport map. Try using these lines at the end of transport.

            example.com       smtp:bar.example:25
            .example.com      smtp:bar.example:25

            You should change parameters above to your situation. Those lines will send every email coming to example.com to the server bar.example, using smtp and port 25.

            Read carefully transport file infile instructions. At the end, there is a section "CONFIGURATION PARAMETERS", that applies to main.cf and is very important.

            Cheers,
            ---
            Fernando Maciel Souto Maior