Re: dictionary-attack

  • Stan Hoeppner
    Message 1 of 48 , Mar 26, 2013
      On 3/26/2013 7:04 AM, Lima Union wrote:
      > ok, it seems that for some reason the check is not being triggered
      > (#847) after a postfix reload and 24 hours of operation in a busy
      > server, any ideas?

      So when you grep "Please relay via ISP" against your mail log you get
      nothing? Do you have any warnings or errors related to this parameter?
      Is this host behind a NAT or proxy that doesn't pass the client rDNS
      name to Postfix? It may be helpful to post a transaction from your log,
      addresses obfuscated if need be, so we can verify Postfix is seeing
      client rDNS strings.

      > 835 smtpd_recipient_restrictions =
      > 847 check_reverse_client_hostname_access
      > regexp:$config_directory/maps/fqrdns.pcre,

      This parameter is only supported in 2.6 and later. This is clearly
      stated in the instructions at the top of the fqrdns.pcre file. What
      version of Postfix are you running?

      --
      Stan
    • Benny Pedersen
      Message 48 of 48 , Apr 7, 2013
        On 2013-03-27 23:11, Matthew Hall wrote:

        > I ran into a bit of an issue trying out fqrdns.pcre as recommended
        > here in this thread. The header in the file recommended adding it
        > into
        > smtpd_client_restrictions. However if I place it there, I end up
        > rejecting mail even from SASL authenticated client devices, if they
        > also match a rule in fqrdns.pcre.

        add permit_sasl_authenticated before fqrdns.pcre testing