Re: dictionary-attack

    Message 1 of 48 , Mar 23 4:08 AM
      Ejaz:
      > How do I configure my postfix not to accept the emails which sent on invalid
      > address?,

      It doesn't, unless you make a configuration error that causes
      Postfix to actually accept mail for non-existent recipients.

      > since morning we have been noticed that there huge spam
      > dictionary attack on our server, all originated emails are from random IPs
      > and random from address to the invalid recipient.

      See http://www.postfix.org/STRESS_README.html if this is slowing
      down your mail delivery, or just wait until it is over.

      Wietse
    • Benny Pedersen
      Message 48 of 48 , Apr 7, 2013
        On 2013-03-27 23:11, Matthew Hall wrote:

        > I ran into a bit of an issue trying out fqrdns.pcre as recommended
        > here in this thread. The header in the file recommended adding it
        > into
        > smtpd_client_restrictions. However if I place it there, I end up
        > rejecting mail even from SASL authenticated client devices, if they
        > also match a rule in fqrdns.pcre.

        add permit_sasl_authenticated before fqrdns.pcre testing