Re: how to masquerade / map the from: field without masquerading the rcpt to:

    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 22, 2013
      Etienne Simard:
      > Thanks for the quick response.
      >
      > The problem i have with the smtp_generic_maps is that when I put
      > in the map it works, but it also changes the RCPT TO addresses.

      Use the right tool for the right job.

      Use smtp_generic_maps on the network boundary, to transform addresses
      that are valid only inside the network, into addresses that are
      valid outside the network, without exceptions.

      Use aliases on the network boundary MTA, to route mail that enters
      the network from outside, to whatever addresses you use internally.