Re: how to masquerade / map the from: field without masquerading the rcpt to:

  • Etienne Simard
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 22 3:18 PM
      Thanks for the quick response.

      The problem i have with the smtp_generic_maps is that when I put
      "@... @..."
      in the map it works, but it also changes the RCPT TO addresses.

      So if I send from esimard@... to wietse@... it will
      now try to send emails to wietse@... which does not exist.

      Is there a way around that?

      Regards,

      --
      Etienne Simard
      Network and systems administrator | Acquisio

      Tel: 450.465.2631 ext. 265
      Cell: 514-836-9183
      Email: esimard@...

      Follow Us:
      Twitter: http://twitter.com/acquisio
      LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/acquisio
      Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/acquisio

      6300 Auteuil, suite 300 | Brossard, Qu├ębec J4Z 3P2
      Toll Free: 1.866.493.9070 | www.acquisio.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 22 4:06 PM
        Etienne Simard:
        > Thanks for the quick response.
        >
        > The problem i have with the smtp_generic_maps is that when I put
        > in the map it works, but it also changes the RCPT TO addresses.

        Use the right tool for the right job.

        Use smtp_generic_maps on the network boundary, to transform addresses
        that are valid only inside the network, into addresses that are
        valid outside the network, without exceptions.

        Use aliases on the network boundary MTA, to route mail that enters
        the network from outside, to whatever addresses you use internally.