Re: Submission on 587 and check_policy_service

    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 21, 2013
      Titanus Eramius:
      > I have set Postfix only to allow relaying through submission on port
      > 587, and as extra safety, I have installed the PolicyD* service to run
      > some rate limiting, and is trying to configure it with Postfix.
      >
      > Since the PolicyD service only needs to check mail that gets relayed, I
      > am trying to call it from the submission block in master.cf like so:
      >
      > submission inet n - - - - smtpd
      > -o ... ,check_policy_service inet:127.0.0.1:10031,reject
      >
      > But it does not work. The log gives this:

      In recent Postfix versions the master(5) manpage says:

      -o name=value
      Override the named main.cf configuration parameter. The
      parameter value can refer to other parameters as $name
      etc., just like in main.cf. See postconf(5) for syntax.

      NOTE 1: do not specify whitespace around the "=" or in
      parameter values. To specify a parameter value that con-
      tains whitespace, use commas instead of spaces, or spec-
      ify the value in main.cf. Example:

      /etc/postfix/master.cf:
      submission inet .... smtpd
      -o smtpd_mumble=$submission_mumble

      /etc/postfix/main.cf
      submission_mumble = text with whitespace...

      Instead of "mumble" use "recipient_restrictions" etc.

      This recommendation was added 1-2 years ago.

      Wietse
    • Benny Pedersen
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 24, 2013
        Titanus Eramius skrev den 2013-03-21 14:49:
        > I have set Postfix only to allow relaying through submission on port
        > 587, and as extra safety, I have installed the PolicyD* service to
        > run
        > some rate limiting, and is trying to configure it with Postfix.

        i still have to see why sending one msg pr day is a strong policy

        well postfix supports syslog (TM) :)

        and most syslogd nowadays support sql, got it ?

        all that is left now is a postfix sql query based on sender restriction

        who will begin a guide wiki on this ?, i will be one that follow and
        commit to it if more can follow me :)