Re: LDAP canonical_maps and domain rewriting

  • Fernando Maior
    Message 1 of 18 , Mar 20, 2013
      Patrick,

      You may want to give a try to JXplorer. It is Java-based and runs nicely. Also, you can change the forms used by it, customizing to your needs.

      Best regards.
      ---
      Fernando Maciel Souto Maior

      On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 2:52 PM, Patrick Lists <postfix-list@...> wrote:
      Hi Fernando,

      On 03/20/2013 05:40 PM, Fernando Maior wrote:
      Patrick,

      I do not use canonical maps at all when using LDAP. I do not need it,
      because I just use mailForwardingAddress (actually an alias) to map the
      incoming email to the real mailbox.

      What I do:

       1. Use the qmail.schema in OpenLDAP
       2. Add objectClass: qmailUser to each user account
       3. Edit mailForwardingAddress when appropriate
       4. Create a file on /etc/postfix/ldap/ named forwarding
       5. Change /etc/postfix/main.cf <http://main.cf> to map aliases to the
          forwarding file

      Thanks for the tip. I had seen the qmail.schema but had not really looked into it. Added to the TODO list.

      In order to make changes to LDAP, you may use something like ldapadmin
      (ldapadmin.org <http://ldapadmin.org>) and put the difficulties to

      manage LDAP entries behind you.

      It's Windows only and I don't have anything with Windows on it. Instead I use Apache Directory Studio. Works quite well on Linux.

      You may create an account with mail attribute as biz@... and
      mailForwardingAddress attribute as myaccount@....

      That configuration is only enough for receiving e-mail, not to sending
      e-mail.

      May be this can help you.

      It did. Thank you for your feedback.

      Regards,