block remote clients

  • Ron Rondis
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 20, 2013
      Hi,

      I'm trying to configure Postfix in a way that it will block post from
      remote clients to local (system) users of the mail server.

      In my current configuration I set "local_transport = error:local
      delivery is disabled" but I don't like it. Is there another
      way to configure Postfix so it will reject post to system users from
      remote clients and at the same time will accept posts
      from $myorigin?

      Thanks,
      Ron
    • Reindl Harald
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 20, 2013
        Am 20.03.2013 17:17, schrieb Ron Rondis:
        > I'm trying to configure Postfix in a way that it will block post from remote clients to local (system) users of the
        > mail server.
        >
        > In my current configuration I set "local_transport = error:local delivery is disabled" but I don't like it. Is
        > there another
        > way to configure Postfix so it will reject post to system users from remote clients and at the same time will
        > accept posts from $myorigin?

        smtpd_recipient_restrictions = permit_mynetworks
        reject_non_fqdn_recipient
        reject_non_fqdn_sender
        permit_sasl_authenticated

        i would wonder how a system-users passes the fqdn check
        and before "permit_sasl_authenticated" it will also
        reject mistakes from authenticated users
      • Ron Rondis
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 20, 2013
          On 03/20/2013 06:22 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:

          > Am 20.03.2013 17:17, schrieb Ron Rondis:
          >> I'm trying to configure Postfix in a way that it will block post from remote clients to local (system) users of the
          >> mail server.
          >>
          >> In my current configuration I set "local_transport = error:local delivery is disabled" but I don't like it. Is
          >> there another
          >> way to configure Postfix so it will reject post to system users from remote clients and at the same time will
          >> accept posts from $myorigin?
          > smtpd_recipient_restrictions = permit_mynetworks
          > reject_non_fqdn_recipient
          > reject_non_fqdn_sender
          > permit_sasl_authenticated
          >
          > i would wonder how a system-users passes the fqdn check
          > and before "permit_sasl_authenticated" it will also
          > reject mistakes from authenticated users

          Still accepts the mail.

          I'll try to clarify, what I like to have is:
          2. accept remote client post to <virtual user>@<my domain>
          3. accept local client (i.e. from localhost) post to <user>@mail.<my
          domain>, <user>@localhost.