RE: always_bcc

  • Jumping Mouse
    Message 1 of 24 , Mar 19, 2013
      Thank you for the reply!

      > Jumping Mouse:
      > > Hello everyone,
      > >
      > > I have set up always_bcc = journal@... for an email
      > > archiving account. How can bypass always_bcc for certain senders?
      >
      > It's called *always*_bcc for a reason...

      Yes that makes sense :-)

      OK so do still keep the  always_bcc = journal@...  in  /etc/postfix/main.cf   right?  Does placement make a difference?

      > /etc/postfix/sender_bcc:
      > if !/^audit1@mydomain\.com$/
      > if !/^audit2@mydomain\.com$/
      > /./ journal@...
      > endif
      > endif
      >
      > (I warned you that it is VERY rudimentary. There is no "DUNNO"
      > special result value that forces a lookup failure).
      >
      > Note: do not put spaces at the beginning of the lines.
      >
      > Pointers:
      > man pcre_table
      >
      > Wietse
    • Jumping Mouse
      Message 2 of 24 , Mar 19, 2013
        Thanks Victor

        > Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2013 19:43:06 +0000
        > From: postfix-users@...
        > To: postfix-users@...
        > Subject: Re: always_bcc
        >
        > On Mon, Mar 18, 2013 at 02:42:23PM -0400, Jumping Mouse wrote:
        >
        > > I have set up always_bcc = journal@... for an email
        > > archiving account.
        > > How can bypass always_bcc for certain senders?
        > >
        > > For example I do not want to always_bcc any email that comes from
        > > audit1@... and or audit2@...
        >
        > Now all your users know that to avoid archiving they should just
        > send email from those addresses. (With NOTIFY=NEVER so as not to
        > be caught out by bounces if possible). :-)
        >
        > More seriously, don't exempt senders, exempt messaging flows between
        > specific servers that carry traffic that is not subject to archiving.

        The traffic comes from the same server as the other emails come from,  so I think that will not work.

        > --
        > Viktor.
      • Jumping Mouse
        Message 3 of 24 , Mar 21, 2013
          Wietse,

          What do you mean by:   "(I warned you that it is VERY rudimentary. There is no "DUNNO"
          special result value that forces a lookup failure)."
          What does this look like in a real world scenario?  What are the potential drawbacks?
          Message 4 of 24 , Mar 21, 2013
            Jumping Mouse:
            > Wietse,
            > What do you mean by: "(I warned you that it is VERY rudimentary.
            > There is no "DUNNO"special result value that forces a lookup
            > failure)." What does this look like in a real world scenario?
            > What are the potential drawbacks?

            I described a solution with configuration file examples. It does
            what it does: exclude two sender addresses with a nested if/endif
            construct.

            In an ideal world, this solution would be nicer. You would specify
            three rules: one rule for each excluded sender address, and one
            wild-card rule for everyone else. But the word is not ideal, and
            therefore I will not decribe the nicer solution in detail.