Totally disable cache from postscreen?

  • Joan
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 19, 2013
      Hello, I am using postscreen to do some tests on a system, I would like to disable the caching of users that postcreen does (I am basically testing some stuff reacting on late HELO)
      So far I couldn't find a way to totally or mostly disable the caching, this is what I tried (I would like to apply the 5s delay to everyone)

        postscreen_greet_wait=5s
        postscreen_cache_retention_time=1s
        postscreen_cache_cleanup_interval=1s
        postscreen_cache_retention_time=1s

      No matter what I do, the entries are created, and they aren't deleted after one second.

      Another option I looked for was to change postscreen_cache_map into something like /dev/null, without much success neither (http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#postscreen_cache_map

      Could someone give me some directions on where to look to do what I need?

      Regards,

      Joan
    • DTNX Postmaster
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 19, 2013
        On Mar 19, 2013, at 17:22, Joan <aseques@...> wrote:

        > Hello, I am using postscreen to do some tests on a system, I would like to disable the caching of users that postcreen does (I am basically testing some stuff reacting on late HELO)
        > So far I couldn't find a way to totally or mostly disable the caching, this is what I tried (I would like to apply the 5s delay to everyone)
        >
        > postscreen_greet_wait=5s
        > postscreen_cache_retention_time=1s
        > postscreen_cache_cleanup_interval=1s
        > postscreen_cache_retention_time=1s
        >
        > No matter what I do, the entries are created, and they aren't deleted after one second.
        >
        > Another option I looked for was to change postscreen_cache_map into something like /dev/null, without much success neither (http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#postscreen_cache_map
        >
        > Could someone give me some directions on where to look to do what I need?

        Hmm, not sure times and intervals are supposed to go that low for
        postscreen. Have you tried specifying an empty value for
        'postscreen_cache_map'? No idea if that actually works, by the way, but
        if you haven't tried it, who knows.

        Other than that, I would look at rewriting the tests, feeding
        postscreen enough unique values to last for like 30 seconds, remove the
        cache map file, reload Postfix, and repeat until satisfied?

        HTH,
        Jona
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 19, 2013
          Joan:
          > Hello, I am using postscreen to do some tests on a system, I would like to
          > disable the caching of users that postcreen does (I am basically testing

          Have you tried setting postscreen_cache_map parameter?

          Wietse
        • Joan
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 19, 2013
            2013/3/19 Wietse Venema <wietse@...>
            Joan:
            > Hello, I am using postscreen to do some tests on a system, I would like to
            > disable the caching of users that postcreen does (I am basically testing

            Have you tried setting postscreen_cache_map parameter?

            I finally could test it, when setting it to empty it just worked, strangely enough I couldn't find any information about this in the documentation or in the lists.
            Thanks a lot for your help

            Joan