Re: SASL username forwarding to (before-queue) filter?

    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 18, 2013
      Christian Rohmann:

      > > Please read the XFORWARD document.
      >
      > I read the XFORWARD_README and I believe XFORWARD is what I want and
      > should use to get variables from postfix MTA to my content filter.
      >
      > But currently it cannot not send the LOGIN name as it does for XCLIENT.

      Then, XFORWARD would need to be extended.

      Not only for sending forwarded SASL attributes (authentication
      method, authentication ID, sender address in MAIL FROM AUTH= option),
      but also for receiving forwarded SASL attributes, for storing
      forwarded attributes into queue files in addition to the SMTP
      client's SASL attributes, and for logging the forwarded attributes.

      Just like forwarded SMTP client name/address information, forwarded
      SASL attributes must not be confused with the SMTP client attributes
      (i.e. XFORWARD changes Postfix logging; to override Postfix security
      policy use XCLIENT).

      If no-one steps forward, then this will wait until I have time.