Re: some of variable of postfix when you posinstall it

    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 17, 2013
      On Mon, Mar 18, 2013 at 03:29:35AM +0330, Mohsen Pahlevanzadeh wrote:

      > You made me happy ...

      http://www.postfix.org/BASIC_CONFIGURATION_README.html

      If you're using Debian, they modify Postfix with additional
      configuration parameteter, in particular if I recall correctly
      "myhostname" can be set to a filename rather than a hostname.

      myhostname = /etc/hostname

      and optional database drivers are installed as separate packages
      and a related configuration file.

      For help with Debian, ask on a Debian-specific list.

    • Mohsen Pahlevanzadeh
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 17, 2013
        I uses debian, but i compiled postfix and i just want to know name of
        them.
        --mohsen

        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 18, 2013
          Mohsen Pahlevanzadeh:
          > I uses debian, but i compiled postfix and i just want to know name of
          > them.

          http://www.postfix.org/BASIC_CONFIGURATION_README.html
          http://www.postfix.org/STANDARD_CONFIGURATION_README.html

          Wietse
        • Robert Lopez
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 18, 2013
            Viktor Duknovni wrote "
            If you're using Debian, they modify Postfix with additional
            configuration parameteter, in particular if I recall correctly
            "myhostname" can be set to a filename rather than a hostname.

                    myhostname = /etc/hostname

            and optional database drivers are installed as separate packages
            and a related configuration file.

            For help with Debian, ask on a Debian-specific list.
            "

            I suppose I should have known this years ago. I did not know Debian modified the Postfix code and even added database drivers. Does Canonical then further modify it?  I have never been successful in compiling and configuring a working Postfix from source on Ubuntu.   I am curious which distribution delivers code that is the least modified?

            On Sun, Mar 17, 2013 at 6:13 PM, Viktor Dukhovni <postfix-users@...> wrote:
            On Mon, Mar 18, 2013 at 03:29:35AM +0330, Mohsen Pahlevanzadeh wrote:

            > You made me happy ...

                    http://www.postfix.org/BASIC_CONFIGURATION_README.html

            If you're using Debian, they modify Postfix with additional
            configuration parameteter, in particular if I recall correctly
            "myhostname" can be set to a filename rather than a hostname.

                    myhostname = /etc/hostname

            and optional database drivers are installed as separate packages
            and a related configuration file.

            For help with Debian, ask on a Debian-specific list.

            Robert Lopez
            Unix Systems Administrator
            Central New Mexico Community College (CNM)
            525 Buena Vista SE
            Albuquerque, New Mexico 87106
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 18, 2013
              On Mon, Mar 18, 2013 at 01:23:10PM -0600, Robert Lopez wrote:

              > I suppose I should have known this years ago. I did not know Debian
              > modified the Postfix code and even added database drivers. Does Canonical
              > then further modify it? I have never been successful in compiling and
              > configuring a working Postfix from source on Ubuntu. I am curious which
              > distribution delivers code that is the least modified?

              A distribution that does not ship Postfix. :-)

              You could try FreeBSD or NetBSD for a Postfix that is unlikely to
              be modified much if at all.

              The Debian (and thus downstream Ubuntu) changes are the most
              extensive for Linux. Apple also extensively modifies Postfix.