Spam milters

  • The Doctor
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 14, 2013
      I want to avoid perl-ware like amavisd and MailScanner

      Any recommendations for a milter that would drop high spam?

      --
      Member - Liberal International This is doctor@... Ici doctor@...
      http://www.fullyfollow.me/rootnl2k Look at Psalms 14 amnd 53 on Atheism
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 14, 2013
        Am 14.03.2013 21:47, schrieb The Doctor:
        > I want to avoid perl-ware like amavisd and MailScanner
        > Any recommendations for a milter that would drop high spam?

        i would filter spam ALWAYS with a dedicated spam-firewall
        appliance in front of the postfix server acting as MX
      • Jose-Marcio Martins da Cruz
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 14, 2013
          The Doctor wrote:
          > I want to avoid perl-ware like amavisd and MailScanner
          >
          > Any recommendations for a milter that would drop high spam?

          j-chkmail ?

          http://www.j-chkmail.org

          --

          Envoyé de ma machine à écrire.
          Spam : Classement statistique de messages électroniques -
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 14, 2013
            On Thu, Mar 14, 2013 at 02:47:34PM -0600, The Doctor wrote:
            > I want to avoid perl-ware like amavisd and MailScanner

            Why? Okay, MailScanner is out of question anyway, because it modifies
            Postfix queue in unsafe ways. But why not Perl?

            > Any recommendations for a milter that would drop high spam?

            You are comparing apples with oranges. What do you need, want, or
            whatever?

            https://www.milter.org/milters/antispam/alphabetical/1
            lists several.

            Bastian

            --
            There is a multi-legged creature crawling on your shoulder.
            -- Spock, "A Taste of Armageddon", stardate 3193.9
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 14, 2013
              Am 14.03.2013 21:47, schrieb The Doctor:
              > I want to avoid perl-ware like amavisd and MailScanner
              >
              > Any recommendations for a milter that would drop high spam?

              spamass-milter

              http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/spamass-milt/

              works nice here

              Best Regards
              MfG Robert Schetterer

              --
              [*] sys4 AG

              http://sys4.de, +49 (89) 30 90 46 64
              Franziskanerstraße 15, 81669 München

            • Benny Pedersen
              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 15, 2013
                The Doctor skrev den 2013-03-14 21:47:
                > I want to avoid perl-ware like amavisd and MailScanner
                >
                > Any recommendations for a milter that would drop high spam?

                clamav-milter with 3dr party signatures

                http://www.sanesecurity.com/