Re: Accept and store locally any mail received

  • Erwan David
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 4, 2013
      Le 04/03/2013 20:35, Noel Jones a écrit :
      > On 3/4/2013 1:02 PM, Nicolas KOWALSKI wrote:
      >> Hello,
      >>
      >> For a lab test, with several computers sending mail to any domain, I
      >> would like to setup a postfix server accepting and storing locally to
      >> only one account any mail received. It would be a sort of blackhole
      >> relay server, but with mail kept locally, no mail going out from it.
      >>
      >> Any idea on how to configure postfix this way?
      >>
      >> Thanks,
      >>

      > There's several ways to do this. I think the easiest is:
      >
      > # main.cf
      > header_checks = regexp:/etc/postfix/header_checks
      >
      > in your header_checks file:
      > /./ REDIRECT someone@...
      >

      > where "someone" is a valid local user, and "example.com" is listed
      > in mydestination.
      >

      > -- Noel Jones

      I think always_bcc would be a better solution, it does not involve
      trying to match anything, it justs sends a copy to the specified address.
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 4, 2013
        On 3/4/2013 1:42 PM, Erwan David wrote:
        > Le 04/03/2013 20:35, Noel Jones a écrit :
        >> On 3/4/2013 1:02 PM, Nicolas KOWALSKI wrote:
        >>> Hello,
        >>>
        >>> For a lab test, with several computers sending mail to any domain, I
        >>> would like to setup a postfix server accepting and storing
        >>> locally to
        >>> only one account any mail received. It would be a sort of blackhole
        >>> relay server, but with mail kept locally, no mail going out from it.
        >>>
        >>> Any idea on how to configure postfix this way?
        >>>
        >>> Thanks,
        >>>

        >> There's several ways to do this. I think the easiest is:
        >>
        >> # main.cf
        >> header_checks = regexp:/etc/postfix/header_checks
        >>
        >> in your header_checks file:
        >> /./ REDIRECT someone@...
        >>

        >> where "someone" is a valid local user, and "example.com" is listed
        >> in mydestination.
        >>

        >> -- Noel Jones
        >>

        > I think always_bcc would be a better solution, it does not involve
        > trying to match anything, it justs sends a copy to the specified
        > address.

        The goal stated is to not allow mail to escape the lab, eg. a
        blackhole. always_bcc does not meet that requirement.

        -- Noel Jones
      • Nicolas KOWALSKI
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 5, 2013
          On Mon, Mar 04, 2013 at 01:35:42PM -0600, Noel Jones wrote:
          > There's several ways to do this. I think the easiest is:
          >
          > # main.cf
          > header_checks = regexp:/etc/postfix/header_checks
          >
          > in your header_checks file:
          > /./ REDIRECT someone@...
          >

          > where "someone" is a valid local user, and "example.com" is listed
          > in mydestination.

          This works perfectly.

          Thanks a lot Noel.

          --