Re: Postfix email system

  • Robert Schetterer
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 4, 2013
      Am 04.03.2013 18:52, schrieb motty cruz:
      > Hello,
      > my company has three domain, our spam filters are running Postfix and
      > our IMAP server is also running Postfix.
      >
      > I want to re-construct our email system to have fault tolerance and
      > 99% up time. Any suggestions?
      >
      > Also, I would like for our clients to be able to change their E-mail
      > passwords, I have very little knowledge of utilities that would work
      > with Postfix. Last, I want users to be able to view email blocked in the
      > spam filter.
      >
      > I appreciate your suggestions.
      >
      > Thanks,

      you need i.e combination of postfix amavis clamav spamassassin dovecot
      and perhaps some database or directory service like ldap or mysql
      in a ha setup with shared storage ( drbd/nfs etc ), some webmail like
      horde and/or an admin gui like postfixadmin running php apache webserver

      thats a lot of work , if your newbie try testing on some vm setup first

      for getting an idea what to do i.e look at

      http://www.exratione.com/2012/05/a-mailserver-on-ubuntu-1204-postfix-dovecot-mysql/

      dependig to your recent setup you might consider cloning config files

      sorry there is no easy and short answer to your question

      Best Regards
      MfG Robert Schetterer

      --
      [*] sys4 AG