Re: Message delivered despite restrictions

  • Chris
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 1, 2013
      On Fri, 01 Mar 2013 13:28:26 +0100 Reindl Harald <h.reindl@...> wrote

      > Am 01.03.2013 13:06, schrieb Chris:
      > > On Fri, 01 Mar 2013 12:36:27 +0100 Reindl Harald <h.reindl@...>
      > > wrote
      > >>
      > >> but the sender is not "adsklix.com"
      > >> the "From" header is not relevant for SMTP
      > >>
      > >> hint: envelope-sender
      > >
      > > Fair enough, but what if I want to block specifically "adsklix.com" and not
      > > the whole hostgator domain? header_checks?
      >
      > why?
      >
      > if they ignore abuse-mails and support sending spam block them
      >
      > if you registered for the mailinglist unsubscribe as many people
      > out there are that foolish to replae unsubscribe with "mark as spam"
      > if thex no longer want subscribed newsletters

      I usually unsub the clean way but their mailman installation gives a cgi error
      and does not seem to understand requests in email messages. I'm confident that
      after a couple bounces they will disable my subscription.

      Anyways hostgator appears to be using always the same host with that particular
      customer, shouldn't be too hard to block

      Chris
    • Reindl Harald
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 1, 2013
        Am 01.03.2013 13:44, schrieb Chris:
        > On Fri, 01 Mar 2013 13:28:26 +0100 Reindl Harald <h.reindl@...> wrote
        >>> Fair enough, but what if I want to block specifically "adsklix.com" and not
        >>> the whole hostgator domain? header_checks?
        >>
        >> why?
        >>
        >> if they ignore abuse-mails and support sending spam block them
        >>
        >> if you registered for the mailinglist unsubscribe as many people
        >> out there are that foolish to replae unsubscribe with "mark as spam"
        >> if thex no longer want subscribed newsletters
        >
        > I usually unsub the clean way but their mailman installation gives a cgi error
        > and does not seem to understand requests in email messages. I'm confident that
        > after a couple bounces they will disable my subscription

        well, normally for that are postmaster-addresses and not blocking