Re: Message delivered despite restrictions

  • Reindl Harald
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 1 4:28 AM
      Am 01.03.2013 13:06, schrieb Chris:

      >>> I have "adsklix.com" explicitly listed in
      >>> /etc/postfix/domain_user_blocks:
      >>
      >> but the sender is not "adsklix.com"
      >> the "From" header is not relevant for SMTP
      >>
      >> hint: envelope-sender
      >
      > Fair enough, but what if I want to block specifically "adsklix.com" and not the
      > whole hostgator domain? header_checks?

      why?

      if they ignore abuse-mails and support sending spam block them

      if you registered for the mailinglist unsubscribe as many people
      out there are that foolish to replae unsubscribe with "mark as spam"
      if thex no longer want subscribed newsletters
    • Chris
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 1 4:44 AM
        On Fri, 01 Mar 2013 13:28:26 +0100 Reindl Harald <h.reindl@...> wrote

        > Am 01.03.2013 13:06, schrieb Chris:
        > > On Fri, 01 Mar 2013 12:36:27 +0100 Reindl Harald <h.reindl@...>
        > > wrote
        > >>
        > >> but the sender is not "adsklix.com"
        > >> the "From" header is not relevant for SMTP
        > >>
        > >> hint: envelope-sender
        > >
        > > Fair enough, but what if I want to block specifically "adsklix.com" and not
        > > the whole hostgator domain? header_checks?
        >
        > why?
        >
        > if they ignore abuse-mails and support sending spam block them
        >
        > if you registered for the mailinglist unsubscribe as many people
        > out there are that foolish to replae unsubscribe with "mark as spam"
        > if thex no longer want subscribed newsletters

        I usually unsub the clean way but their mailman installation gives a cgi error
        and does not seem to understand requests in email messages. I'm confident that
        after a couple bounces they will disable my subscription.

        Anyways hostgator appears to be using always the same host with that particular
        customer, shouldn't be too hard to block

        Chris
      • Reindl Harald
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 1 4:56 AM
          Am 01.03.2013 13:44, schrieb Chris:
          > On Fri, 01 Mar 2013 13:28:26 +0100 Reindl Harald <h.reindl@...> wrote
          >>> Fair enough, but what if I want to block specifically "adsklix.com" and not
          >>> the whole hostgator domain? header_checks?
          >>
          >> why?
          >>
          >> if they ignore abuse-mails and support sending spam block them
          >>
          >> if you registered for the mailinglist unsubscribe as many people
          >> out there are that foolish to replae unsubscribe with "mark as spam"
          >> if thex no longer want subscribed newsletters
          >
          > I usually unsub the clean way but their mailman installation gives a cgi error
          > and does not seem to understand requests in email messages. I'm confident that
          > after a couple bounces they will disable my subscription

          well, normally for that are postmaster-addresses and not blocking