Re: Message delivered despite restrictions

    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 1, 2013
      On 3/1/2013 6:06 AM, Chris wrote:

      >>> I have "adsklix.com" explicitly listed in
      >>> /etc/postfix/domain_user_blocks:
      >>
      >> but the sender is not "adsklix.com"
      >> the "From" header is not relevant for SMTP
      >>
      >> hint: envelope-sender
      >
      > Fair enough, but what if I want to block specifically "adsklix.com" and not the
      > whole hostgator domain? header_checks?
      >
      > Chris

      hostgator is a (mostly) legitimate mass mailer. Just unsubscribe
      from the unwanted list.

      Or check your logs; maybe gator843.hostgator.com is a customer ID
      you can block.

      -- Noel Jones
    • Reindl Harald
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 1, 2013
        Am 01.03.2013 13:06, schrieb Chris:

        >>> I have "adsklix.com" explicitly listed in
        >>> /etc/postfix/domain_user_blocks:
        >>
        >> but the sender is not "adsklix.com"
        >> the "From" header is not relevant for SMTP
        >>
        >> hint: envelope-sender
        >
        > Fair enough, but what if I want to block specifically "adsklix.com" and not the
        > whole hostgator domain? header_checks?

        why?

        if they ignore abuse-mails and support sending spam block them

        if you registered for the mailinglist unsubscribe as many people
        out there are that foolish to replae unsubscribe with "mark as spam"
        if thex no longer want subscribed newsletters
      • Chris
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 1, 2013
          On Fri, 01 Mar 2013 13:28:26 +0100 Reindl Harald <h.reindl@...> wrote

          > Am 01.03.2013 13:06, schrieb Chris:
          > > On Fri, 01 Mar 2013 12:36:27 +0100 Reindl Harald <h.reindl@...>
          > > wrote
          > >>
          > >> but the sender is not "adsklix.com"
          > >> the "From" header is not relevant for SMTP
          > >>
          > >> hint: envelope-sender
          > >
          > > Fair enough, but what if I want to block specifically "adsklix.com" and not
          > > the whole hostgator domain? header_checks?
          >
          > why?
          >
          > if they ignore abuse-mails and support sending spam block them
          >
          > if you registered for the mailinglist unsubscribe as many people
          > out there are that foolish to replae unsubscribe with "mark as spam"
          > if thex no longer want subscribed newsletters

          I usually unsub the clean way but their mailman installation gives a cgi error
          and does not seem to understand requests in email messages. I'm confident that
          after a couple bounces they will disable my subscription.

          Anyways hostgator appears to be using always the same host with that particular
          customer, shouldn't be too hard to block

          Chris
        • Reindl Harald
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 1, 2013
            Am 01.03.2013 13:44, schrieb Chris:
            > On Fri, 01 Mar 2013 13:28:26 +0100 Reindl Harald <h.reindl@...> wrote
            >>> Fair enough, but what if I want to block specifically "adsklix.com" and not
            >>> the whole hostgator domain? header_checks?
            >>
            >> why?
            >>
            >> if they ignore abuse-mails and support sending spam block them
            >>
            >> if you registered for the mailinglist unsubscribe as many people
            >> out there are that foolish to replae unsubscribe with "mark as spam"
            >> if thex no longer want subscribed newsletters
            >
            > I usually unsub the clean way but their mailman installation gives a cgi error
            > and does not seem to understand requests in email messages. I'm confident that
            > after a couple bounces they will disable my subscription

            well, normally for that are postmaster-addresses and not blocking