Re: Message delivered despite restrictions

  • Chris
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 1, 2013
      On Fri, 01 Mar 2013 12:36:27 +0100 Reindl Harald <h.reindl@...> wrote

      > Am 01.03.2013 12:26, schrieb Chris:
      > >> From: adsklix_advertisers-owner@...
      > >> To: XXX
      > >> Subject: XXX
      > >> Fri, 01 Mar 2013 05:00:08 -0600
      >
      > > I have "adsklix.com" explicitly listed in
      > > /etc/postfix/domain_user_blocks:
      >
      > but the sender is not "adsklix.com"
      > the "From" header is not relevant for SMTP
      >
      > hint: envelope-sender

      Fair enough, but what if I want to block specifically "adsklix.com" and not the
      whole hostgator domain? header_checks?

      Chris
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 1, 2013
        On 3/1/2013 6:06 AM, Chris wrote:

        >>> I have "adsklix.com" explicitly listed in
        >>> /etc/postfix/domain_user_blocks:
        >>
        >> but the sender is not "adsklix.com"
        >> the "From" header is not relevant for SMTP
        >>
        >> hint: envelope-sender
        >
        > Fair enough, but what if I want to block specifically "adsklix.com" and not the
        > whole hostgator domain? header_checks?
        >
        > Chris

        hostgator is a (mostly) legitimate mass mailer. Just unsubscribe
        from the unwanted list.

        Or check your logs; maybe gator843.hostgator.com is a customer ID
        you can block.

        -- Noel Jones
      • Reindl Harald
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 1, 2013
          Am 01.03.2013 13:06, schrieb Chris:

          >>> I have "adsklix.com" explicitly listed in
          >>> /etc/postfix/domain_user_blocks:
          >>
          >> but the sender is not "adsklix.com"
          >> the "From" header is not relevant for SMTP
          >>
          >> hint: envelope-sender
          >
          > Fair enough, but what if I want to block specifically "adsklix.com" and not the
          > whole hostgator domain? header_checks?

          why?

          if they ignore abuse-mails and support sending spam block them

          if you registered for the mailinglist unsubscribe as many people
          out there are that foolish to replae unsubscribe with "mark as spam"
          if thex no longer want subscribed newsletters
        • Chris
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 1, 2013
            On Fri, 01 Mar 2013 13:28:26 +0100 Reindl Harald <h.reindl@...> wrote

            > Am 01.03.2013 13:06, schrieb Chris:
            > > On Fri, 01 Mar 2013 12:36:27 +0100 Reindl Harald <h.reindl@...>
            > > wrote
            > >>
            > >> but the sender is not "adsklix.com"
            > >> the "From" header is not relevant for SMTP
            > >>
            > >> hint: envelope-sender
            > >
            > > Fair enough, but what if I want to block specifically "adsklix.com" and not
            > > the whole hostgator domain? header_checks?
            >
            > why?
            >
            > if they ignore abuse-mails and support sending spam block them
            >
            > if you registered for the mailinglist unsubscribe as many people
            > out there are that foolish to replae unsubscribe with "mark as spam"
            > if thex no longer want subscribed newsletters

            I usually unsub the clean way but their mailman installation gives a cgi error
            and does not seem to understand requests in email messages. I'm confident that
            after a couple bounces they will disable my subscription.

            Anyways hostgator appears to be using always the same host with that particular
            customer, shouldn't be too hard to block

            Chris
          • Reindl Harald
            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 1, 2013
              Am 01.03.2013 13:44, schrieb Chris:
              > On Fri, 01 Mar 2013 13:28:26 +0100 Reindl Harald <h.reindl@...> wrote
              >>> Fair enough, but what if I want to block specifically "adsklix.com" and not
              >>> the whole hostgator domain? header_checks?
              >>
              >> why?
              >>
              >> if they ignore abuse-mails and support sending spam block them
              >>
              >> if you registered for the mailinglist unsubscribe as many people
              >> out there are that foolish to replae unsubscribe with "mark as spam"
              >> if thex no longer want subscribed newsletters
              >
              > I usually unsub the clean way but their mailman installation gives a cgi error
              > and does not seem to understand requests in email messages. I'm confident that
              > after a couple bounces they will disable my subscription

              well, normally for that are postmaster-addresses and not blocking