Re: Message delivered despite restrictions

    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 1 3:59 AM
      Chris:

      That is the envelope sender address (in SMTP, the MAIL FROM command).

      > I have "adsklix.com" explicitly listed in
      > /etc/postfix/domain_user_blocks:

      That is not the envelope sender address (in SMTP, the MAIL FROM command).

      Wietse
    • Chris
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 1 4:06 AM
        On Fri, 01 Mar 2013 12:36:27 +0100 Reindl Harald <h.reindl@...> wrote

        > Am 01.03.2013 12:26, schrieb Chris:
        > >> From: adsklix_advertisers-owner@...
        > >> To: XXX
        > >> Subject: XXX
        > >> Fri, 01 Mar 2013 05:00:08 -0600
        >
        > > I have "adsklix.com" explicitly listed in
        > > /etc/postfix/domain_user_blocks:
        >
        > but the sender is not "adsklix.com"
        > the "From" header is not relevant for SMTP
        >
        > hint: envelope-sender

        Fair enough, but what if I want to block specifically "adsklix.com" and not the
        whole hostgator domain? header_checks?

        Chris
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 1 4:26 AM
          On 3/1/2013 6:06 AM, Chris wrote:

          >>> I have "adsklix.com" explicitly listed in
          >>> /etc/postfix/domain_user_blocks:
          >>
          >> but the sender is not "adsklix.com"
          >> the "From" header is not relevant for SMTP
          >>
          >> hint: envelope-sender
          >
          > Fair enough, but what if I want to block specifically "adsklix.com" and not the
          > whole hostgator domain? header_checks?
          >
          > Chris

          hostgator is a (mostly) legitimate mass mailer. Just unsubscribe
          from the unwanted list.

          Or check your logs; maybe gator843.hostgator.com is a customer ID
          you can block.

          -- Noel Jones
        • Reindl Harald
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 1 4:28 AM
            Am 01.03.2013 13:06, schrieb Chris:

            >>> I have "adsklix.com" explicitly listed in
            >>> /etc/postfix/domain_user_blocks:
            >>
            >> but the sender is not "adsklix.com"
            >> the "From" header is not relevant for SMTP
            >>
            >> hint: envelope-sender
            >
            > Fair enough, but what if I want to block specifically "adsklix.com" and not the
            > whole hostgator domain? header_checks?

            why?

            if they ignore abuse-mails and support sending spam block them

            if you registered for the mailinglist unsubscribe as many people
            out there are that foolish to replae unsubscribe with "mark as spam"
            if thex no longer want subscribed newsletters
          • Chris
            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 1 4:44 AM
              On Fri, 01 Mar 2013 13:28:26 +0100 Reindl Harald <h.reindl@...> wrote

              > Am 01.03.2013 13:06, schrieb Chris:
              > > On Fri, 01 Mar 2013 12:36:27 +0100 Reindl Harald <h.reindl@...>
              > > wrote
              > >>
              > >> but the sender is not "adsklix.com"
              > >> the "From" header is not relevant for SMTP
              > >>
              > >> hint: envelope-sender
              > >
              > > Fair enough, but what if I want to block specifically "adsklix.com" and not
              > > the whole hostgator domain? header_checks?
              >
              > why?
              >
              > if they ignore abuse-mails and support sending spam block them
              >
              > if you registered for the mailinglist unsubscribe as many people
              > out there are that foolish to replae unsubscribe with "mark as spam"
              > if thex no longer want subscribed newsletters

              I usually unsub the clean way but their mailman installation gives a cgi error
              and does not seem to understand requests in email messages. I'm confident that
              after a couple bounces they will disable my subscription.

              Anyways hostgator appears to be using always the same host with that particular
              customer, shouldn't be too hard to block

              Chris
            • Reindl Harald
              Message 6 of 8 , Mar 1 4:56 AM
                Am 01.03.2013 13:44, schrieb Chris:
                > On Fri, 01 Mar 2013 13:28:26 +0100 Reindl Harald <h.reindl@...> wrote
                >>> Fair enough, but what if I want to block specifically "adsklix.com" and not
                >>> the whole hostgator domain? header_checks?
                >>
                >> why?
                >>
                >> if they ignore abuse-mails and support sending spam block them
                >>
                >> if you registered for the mailinglist unsubscribe as many people
                >> out there are that foolish to replae unsubscribe with "mark as spam"
                >> if thex no longer want subscribed newsletters
                >
                > I usually unsub the clean way but their mailman installation gives a cgi error
                > and does not seem to understand requests in email messages. I'm confident that
                > after a couple bounces they will disable my subscription

                well, normally for that are postmaster-addresses and not blocking