Re: possible localhost dns spoof attack

  • Benny Pedersen
    Message 1 of 32 , Feb 28, 2013
      Jamie skrev den 2013-02-26 11:32:

      > We would appreciate your thoughts.

      check that you have not external nameservers that can resolve localhost
      into 127.0.0.1, but show logs on what postfix really did, even if sender
      ip is localhost it should not allow relaying, unless you have
      permit_mynetwork to early, thats why i only allow smpt auth relaying,
      even from localhost/rfc1918 ips

      to minimise the risk you should only trust localhost nameservers

      and possible it would make sense to reject clients that have mx set as
      localhost or 127.0.0.1

      well i admit it just speculating here, so logs please, with postconf -n
    • Benny Pedersen
      Message 32 of 32 , Feb 28, 2013