Re: lost connection with while sending RCPT TO

    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 26, 2013
      On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 02:08:34PM +0200, Radwa Hamed wrote:

      > there is an error in mail log file when sending mail to some
      > hotmail accounts
      >
      > ... relay=none, delay=0.65, delays=0.45/0.14/0/0.06, dsn=4.4.2,
      > status=deferred (delivery temporarily suspended: lost connection
      > with mx2.hotmail.com[65.55.37.104] while sending RCPT TO)
      >
      > I want to know what is the reason for this error and how to solve it

      First, note that the words "delivery temporarily suspended" mean
      that this error is the result of previous errors that lead to the
      suspension of message delivery to the destination. The error message
      is taken from the last failed delivery that caused delivery to be
      suspended.

      Delivery is suspended when multiple consecutive message deliveries
      are aborted by connection problems (not just invalid/refused
      recipients). The number of messages is by default the concurrency
      limit for the destination.

      Some users set very low concurrency limits for destinations such
      as Yahoo or Hotmail, hoping that this will help avoid rate limits
      imposed by the provider.

      One consequence of such low limits is that delivery is far more
      likely to be suspended in the face of a small burst of errors.
      This is especially likely if you configure a "rate delay" for
      the destination, which effectively sets the concurrency limit
      to 1.

      You'll get better help if you post your "postconf -n" configuration
      settings as requested in "http://www.postfix.org/DEBUG_README.html#mail".

      You should also look further back in your log and find the actual
      deliveries that trigger the problem (the ones that don't have
      "delivery temporarily suspended" in the error reason). You'll
      see how many consecutive failures of this sort it took to throttle
      (suspend) delivery to Hotmail.