tool to migrate accounts

  • marcos gonzalez
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 25, 2013
      Hi

      Inside the process to migrate my accounts from and old server to a new
      better and updated server, I'm looking how I can move all accounts. Long
      time ago I remember a php script, but I can't remember the name. Anyone
      knows tools to do this?

      Thanks
    • Robert Schetterer
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 25, 2013
        Am 25.02.2013 13:15, schrieb marcos gonzalez:
        > Hi
        >
        > Inside the process to migrate my accounts from and old server to a new
        > better and updated server, I'm looking how I can move all accounts. Long
        > time ago I remember a php script, but I can't remember the name. Anyone
        > knows tools to do this?
        >
        > Thanks

        depends how your accounts are stored, mysql etc ?

        Best Regards
        MfG Robert Schetterer

        --
        [*] sys4 AG

        http://sys4.de, +49 (89) 30 90 46 64
        Franziskanerstraße 15, 81669 München

      • marcos gonzalez
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 25, 2013
          Ups sorry..
          I'm using a basic structure with postfix, openldap and dovecot. Normally
          saves all mails in /var/spool/dovecot but I can change this. All the
          information of account is in openldap tree. I need a sccript that checks
          openldap and opens a new connection to the new server and copy all the
          mails.

          Any idea?

          On 25/02/2013 13:57, Robert Schetterer wrote:
          > Am 25.02.2013 13:15, schrieb marcos gonzalez:
          >> Hi
          >>
          >> Inside the process to migrate my accounts from and old server to a new
          >> better and updated server, I'm looking how I can move all accounts. Long
          >> time ago I remember a php script, but I can't remember the name. Anyone
          >> knows tools to do this?
          >>
          >> Thanks
          > depends how your accounts are stored, mysql etc ?
          >

          > Best Regards
          > MfG Robert Schetterer

        • Robert Schetterer
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 25, 2013
            Am 25.02.2013 16:52, schrieb marcos gonzalez:
            > Ups sorry..
            > I'm using a basic structure with postfix, openldap and dovecot. Normally
            > saves all mails in /var/spool/dovecot but I can change this. All the
            > information of account is in openldap tree. I need a sccript that checks
            > openldap and opens a new connection to the new server and copy all the
            > mails.
            >
            > Any idea?

            if you gonna use same ldap , you may use
            dsync or rsync ( maildir ), imapsync my help too,
            after all not a postfix question , ask dovecot list , search their mail
            archive and wiki

            http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Tools/Dsync

            > On 25/02/2013 13:57, Robert Schetterer wrote:
            >> Am 25.02.2013 13:15, schrieb marcos gonzalez:
            >>> Hi
            >>>
            >>> Inside the process to migrate my accounts from and old server to a new
            >>> better and updated server, I'm looking how I can move all accounts. Long
            >>> time ago I remember a php script, but I can't remember the name. Anyone
            >>> knows tools to do this?
            >>>
            >>> Thanks
            >> depends how your accounts are stored, mysql etc ?
            >>

            >> Best Regards
            >> MfG Robert Schetterer

            Best Regards
            MfG Robert Schetterer