Re: header_checks issue

  • Deeztek.com Support
    Message 1 of 25 , Feb 24, 2013
      On 2/24/2013 9:07 AM, Wietse Venema wrote:
      > Deeztek.com Support:
      > [ Charset ISO-8859-1 unsupported, converting... ]
      >> On 2/24/2013 8:19 AM, Wietse Venema wrote:
      >>> Someone:
      >>> Wietse:
      >>> Deeztek.com Support:
      >>> /etc/postfix/main.cf:
      >>> virtual_alias_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/virtual
      >>>
      >>> /etc/postfix/virtual:
      >>> bob@... bob@...
      >>>
      >>> For example bob@[1.1.1.1]
      >>>
      >>> Wietse
      >> I tried it in the /etc/postfix/virtual file also with no success before
      >> I sent out the previous e-mail.
      >>
      >> So there is no confusion. I have one domain let's call it mydomain.com.
      >> I have 3 servers. One is the relay server that intercepts all incoming
      >> mail and filters out spam etc and the other two are mail servers located
      >> at 1.1.1.1 and 2.2.2.2 which are the ultimate destination after the
      >> relay server processes the e-mail.
      >>
      >> I have the following entry in /etc/postfix/transports for the domain in
      >> the relay server:
      >>
      >> mydomain.com smtp:[1.1.1.1]
      >>
      >> Most of the e-mail for that domain is of course relaying to the 1.1.1.1
      >> server. However, there are some e-mail addresses on that domain that I
      >> want to make an exception for and I need to relay the e-mail to 2.2.2.2
      >> instead of 1.1.1.1. So, if we had a user called joe@... that
      >> instead of relaying to 1.1.1.1 like normal, how would I input that entry
      >> in etc/postfix/virtual to instead relay to the 2.2.2.2 server?
      >
      > /etc/postfix/main.cf:
      > virtual_alias_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/virtual
      >
      > /etc/postfix/virtual:
      > joe@... joe@[2.2.2.2]
      >
      > Wietse
      Not working. The relay server completely ignores the virtual entry and
      instead uses the transport relaying to the 1.1.1.1 server which of
      course gives me the Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtual
      mailbox table error since the user doesn't exist on that server.
      Additionally, there is no joe at the 2.2.2.2 server. There is
      joe@... on 2.2.2.2 but not simply joe. Not sure if that makes a
      difference as far as the virtual entry is concerned.

      thanks

      Message 2 of 25 , Feb 24, 2013
        Deeztek.com Support:
        > >> Most of the e-mail for that domain is of course relaying to the 1.1.1.1
        > >> server. However, there are some e-mail addresses on that domain that I
        > >> want to make an exception for and I need to relay the e-mail to 2.2.2.2
        > >> instead of 1.1.1.1. So, if we had a user called joe@... that
        > >> instead of relaying to 1.1.1.1 like normal, how would I input that entry
        > >> in etc/postfix/virtual to instead relay to the 2.2.2.2 server?
        > >
        > > /etc/postfix/main.cf:
        > > virtual_alias_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/virtual
        > >
        > > /etc/postfix/virtual:
        > > joe@... joe@[2.2.2.2]
        > >
        > > Wietse
        > Not working. The relay server completely ignores the virtual entry and
        > instead uses the transport relaying to the 1.1.1.1 server which of

        Then you made a mistake. Please double check what you do.

        $ postmap -q joe@... /etc/postfix/virtual

        Wietse
      • Deeztek.com Support
        Message 3 of 25 , Feb 24, 2013
          On 2/24/2013 10:19 AM, Wietse Venema wrote:
          > Deeztek.com Support:
          >>> /etc/postfix/main.cf:
          >>> virtual_alias_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/virtual
          >>>
          >>> /etc/postfix/virtual:
          >>> joe@... joe@[2.2.2.2]
          >>>
          >>> Wietse
          >> Not working. The relay server completely ignores the virtual entry and
          >> instead uses the transport relaying to the 1.1.1.1 server which of
          > Then you made a mistake. Please double check what you do.
          >
          > $ postmap -q joe@... /etc/postfix/virtual
          >
          > Wietse
          this is the error I'm getting from the logs:

          Feb 24 10:30:30 smtp postfix/smtp[6526]: 8A79342089: to=<joe@[2.2.2.2]>,
          orig_to=<joe@...>, relay=2.2.2.2[2.2.2.2]:25, delay=5.3,
          delays=0.17/0/0.03/5, dsn=5.1.3, status=bounced (host 2.2.2.2[2.2.2.2]
          said: 501 5.1.3 Invalid address (in reply to RCPT TO command))

          Message 4 of 25 , Feb 24, 2013
            Deeztek.com Support:
            > On 2/24/2013 10:19 AM, Wietse Venema wrote:
            > > Deeztek.com Support:

            > >> Not working. The relay server completely ignores the virtual entry and
            > >> instead uses the transport relaying to the 1.1.1.1 server which of
            > > Then you made a mistake. Please double check what you do.
            > >
            > > $ postmap -q joe@... /etc/postfix/virtual
            > >
            > > Wietse
            > this is the error I'm getting from the logs:
            >
            > Feb 24 10:30:30 smtp postfix/smtp[6526]: 8A79342089: to=<joe@[2.2.2.2]>,
            > orig_to=<joe@...>, relay=2.2.2.2[2.2.2.2]:25, delay=5.3,
            > delays=0.17/0/0.03/5, dsn=5.1.3, status=bounced (host 2.2.2.2[2.2.2.2]
            > said: 501 5.1.3 Invalid address (in reply to RCPT TO command))

            The machine does not implement RFC 5321. I can't fix that for you.