Compiling

  • Fabian von Romberg
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 23, 2013
      Hi All,

      Im trying to compile Postfix 2.10. Actually I can compile it, the only problem is that whatever I define as install prefix, all binaries and config files go to unexpected folders. Please see my compiling steps:

      make tidy

      make makefiles CCARGS='-fPIC -DUSE_TLS -DUSE_SSL -DUSE_SASL_AUTH -DUSE_CYRUS_SASL -DPREFIX=\\"/usr/local/postfix\\" -DHAS_LDAP -DLDAP_DEPRECATED=1 -DHAS_PCRE -I/usr/include/openssl -DHAS_MYSQL -I/usr/include/mysql -I/usr/include/sasl -I/usr/include' AUXLIBS='-lssl -lcrypto -lmysqlclient -lsasl2 -lpcre -lz -lm -lldap -llber' OPT='-O' DEBUG='-g'

      make

      As you can see, everything should go to /usr/local/postfix. But some parts go to the following folders:

      /etc/postfix
      /var/lib/postfix
      /var/lib/postfix
      /var/spool/postfix
      /usr/sbin/postfix
      /usr/share/bash-completion/completions/postfix
      /usr/libexec/postfix

      How can make so everything goes under /usr/local/postfix?

      Thanks in advance and regards,
      Fabian
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 23, 2013
        On Sat, Feb 23, 2013 at 06:53:02PM -0500, Fabian von Romberg wrote:

        > Im trying to compile Postfix 2.10. Actually I can compile it,
        > the only problem is that whatever I define as install prefix, all
        > binaries and config files go to unexpected folders. Please see my
        > compiling steps:
        >
        > make tidy
        >
        > make makefiles CCARGS='-fPIC -DUSE_TLS -DUSE_SSL -DUSE_SASL_AUTH
        > -DUSE_CYRUS_SASL -DPREFIX=\\"/usr/local/postfix\\" -DHAS_LDAP
        > -DLDAP_DEPRECATED=1 -DHAS_PCRE -I/usr/include/openssl -DHAS_MYSQL
        > -I/usr/include/mysql -I/usr/include/sasl -I/usr/include' AUXLIBS='-lssl
        > -lcrypto -lmysqlclient -lsasl2 -lpcre -lz -lm -lldap -llber' OPT='-O'
        > DEBUG='-g'
        >
        > make
        >
        > As you can see, everything should go to /usr/local/postfix. But
        > some parts go to the following folders:

        All I see is a made-up "PREFIX" setting that has no documented or
        actual effect on Postfix compilation.

        For non-fictional settings see:

        www.postfix.org/INSTALL.html#4

        and scroll down a bit to section 4.4.