Mail Queue Replication

  • Goutam Baul
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 21, 2013

      Dear List,

      We are running postfix-2.3.3-2 on RHEL 5.4 (32bit). The reason for running such an old version is the non-availability of the currently used security suite on newer version of OS and this issues are likely to be addressed within a couple of weeks.

      Our system is handling mails of big sizes and the queue size rises regularly up to 40GB. We need to find a good mechanism for replicating this queue to our disaster recovery site connected with 10Gbps OFC. Can anyone kindly point us to some good solution? We are open to commercial products as well.

      With regards,

      Goutam

    • DTNX Postmaster
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 21, 2013
        On Feb 21, 2013, at 10:16, Goutam Baul <goutam.baul@...> wrote:

        > We are running postfix-2.3.3-2 on RHEL 5.4 (32bit). The reason for running such an old version is the non-availability of the currently used security suite on newer version of OS and this issues are likely to be addressed within a couple of weeks.
        >
        > Our system is handling mails of big sizes and the queue size rises regularly up to 40GB. We need to find a good mechanism for replicating this queue to our disaster recovery site connected with 10Gbps OFC. Can anyone kindly point us to some good solution? We are open to commercial products as well.

        I'd say DRBD; http://www.drbd.org/

        Depending on your requirements and with the right setup, failover to
        the disaster recovery site could be completely automatic.

        Cya,
        Jona