Re: Bypassing amavis

  • Benny Pedersen
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 20, 2013
      Nikolaos Milas skrev den 2013-02-20 13:11:
      > On 20/2/2013 1:35 μμ, Benny Pedersen wrote:
      >
      >> smtp vs lmtp
      >
      > Hmm, obviously this was the suggested way when I had set it up (I
      > don't remember now details on what directions I had followed), but it
      > seems to work fine.
      >
      > Should I change it to smtp? What is the suggested way of integration?
      > Pros/Cons?

      lmtp is fine yes, but smtp overwrides does not help on lmtp service

      lmtp should use lmtp overwrides, your working example runs without any
      overwrides as it is now

      this is dokumented in amavisd readme (postfix)
    • Nikolaos Milas
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 20, 2013
        On 20/2/2013 2:16 μμ, Benny Pedersen wrote:

        > lmtp is fine yes, but smtp overwrides does not help on lmtp service
        >
        > lmtp should use lmtp overwrides, your working example runs without any
        > overwrides as it is now
        >
        > this is dokumented in amavisd readme (postfix)

        I see. If it is smtp, rather than lmtp, then how would we specify overrides?

        Thanks,
        Nick
      • Benny Pedersen
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 20, 2013
          Nikolaos Milas skrev den 2013-02-20 13:24:
          > On 20/2/2013 2:16 μμ, Benny Pedersen wrote:
          >
          >> lmtp is fine yes, but smtp overwrides does not help on lmtp service
          >>
          >> lmtp should use lmtp overwrides, your working example runs without
          >> any overwrides as it is now
          >>
          >> this is dokumented in amavisd readme (postfix)
          >
          > I see. If it is smtp, rather than lmtp, then how would we specify
          > overrides?

          -o lmtp_* for lmtp service
          -o smtp_* for smtp service

          but dont make overwrides if postconf -d | grep lmtp_ is okay :)
        • weber@...
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 20, 2013
            Patrick B Koetter told me some days ago
            you can do an sender_check_access,

            in the sender_check_access you can forward them to a service without
            amavis.

            sender_check_access = hash ..... noamavis_sender

            noamavis_sender =

            senderdomain.com FILTER smtp:servicewithoutamavis

            create the service in master.cf

            in the settings for the service reinject the mails on a non amavis
            port.

            marko

            http://www.postfix.org/access.5.html