Re: Bypassing amavis

  • Nikolaos Milas
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 20, 2013
      On 20/2/2013 1:35 μμ, Benny Pedersen wrote:

      > smtp vs lmtp

      Hmm, obviously this was the suggested way when I had set it up (I don't
      remember now details on what directions I had followed), but it seems to
      work fine.

      Should I change it to smtp? What is the suggested way of integration?
      Pros/Cons?

      Thanks much,
      Nick
    • Benny Pedersen
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 20, 2013
        Nikolaos Milas skrev den 2013-02-20 13:11:
        > On 20/2/2013 1:35 μμ, Benny Pedersen wrote:
        >
        >> smtp vs lmtp
        >
        > Hmm, obviously this was the suggested way when I had set it up (I
        > don't remember now details on what directions I had followed), but it
        > seems to work fine.
        >
        > Should I change it to smtp? What is the suggested way of integration?
        > Pros/Cons?

        lmtp is fine yes, but smtp overwrides does not help on lmtp service

        lmtp should use lmtp overwrides, your working example runs without any
        overwrides as it is now

        this is dokumented in amavisd readme (postfix)
      • Nikolaos Milas
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 20, 2013
          On 20/2/2013 2:16 μμ, Benny Pedersen wrote:

          > lmtp is fine yes, but smtp overwrides does not help on lmtp service
          >
          > lmtp should use lmtp overwrides, your working example runs without any
          > overwrides as it is now
          >
          > this is dokumented in amavisd readme (postfix)

          I see. If it is smtp, rather than lmtp, then how would we specify overrides?

          Thanks,
          Nick
        • Benny Pedersen
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 20, 2013
            Nikolaos Milas skrev den 2013-02-20 13:24:
            > On 20/2/2013 2:16 μμ, Benny Pedersen wrote:
            >
            >> lmtp is fine yes, but smtp overwrides does not help on lmtp service
            >>
            >> lmtp should use lmtp overwrides, your working example runs without
            >> any overwrides as it is now
            >>
            >> this is dokumented in amavisd readme (postfix)
            >
            > I see. If it is smtp, rather than lmtp, then how would we specify
            > overrides?

            -o lmtp_* for lmtp service
            -o smtp_* for smtp service

            but dont make overwrides if postconf -d | grep lmtp_ is okay :)
          • weber@...
            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 20, 2013
              Patrick B Koetter told me some days ago
              you can do an sender_check_access,

              in the sender_check_access you can forward them to a service without
              amavis.

              sender_check_access = hash ..... noamavis_sender

              noamavis_sender =

              senderdomain.com FILTER smtp:servicewithoutamavis

              create the service in master.cf

              in the settings for the service reinject the mails on a non amavis
              port.

              marko

              http://www.postfix.org/access.5.html