Re: block ip-range for 1 domain

  • richard lucassen
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 19, 2013
      On Tue, 19 Feb 2013 17:07:43 +0100
      Mikael Bak <mbak@...> wrote:

      > > Ok, that seems to be very nice. AFAIUI it can be implemented on the
      > > backend server. I'd prefer not to touch the front-end servers.
      >
      > That does NOT sound like a good idea.
      > If you accept the message on the fronend and then reject is on the
      > backend, then you will generate a bounce message back to the sender.
      > If the sender's address is forged, then you will generate
      > backscatter, and could end up on black lists.
      >
      > Reject on the frontend servers to avoid this.

      If the backend generates a 5xx, the frontend servers will also generate
      a 5xx. At least, in case a user does not exist. Don't know if this
      particular mechanism will work the same way. I will have play with it
      to find out. And I agree with you: no backscatter.

      R.

      It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak
      aloud and remove all doubt.

      | Richard Lucassen, Utrecht |
      | Public key and email address: |
      | http://www.lucassen.org/mail-pubkey.html |
    • richard lucassen
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 19, 2013
        On Tue, 19 Feb 2013 14:40:58 +0100
        Benny Pedersen <me@...> wrote:

        > richard lucassen skrev den 2013-02-19 13:58:
        >
        > > Ok, that seems to be very nice. AFAIUI it can be implemented on the
        > > backend server. I'd prefer not to touch the front-end servers.
        >
        > then use the ha-proxy on front end, and postfwd on backend
        >
        > could you remove email addr in reply template ? (@ does not belong to
        > body content)

        You mean the Reply-To?