Re: SASL question - SOLVED

  • Curtis Maurand
    Message 1 of 17 , Feb 18, 2013
      On 2/13/2013 7:35 PM, Bob Proulx wrote:
      > Curtis Maurand wrote:
      >>> Cyrus SASL opens sasldb as fallback when all other attempts to do
      >>> AUTH have failed. That in turn says your current setup is
      >>> non-functional. Which docs did you follow? What's your current
      >>> setup?
      >> My currwnt setup has the imap connecting to a remote server on a private
      >> network. The imap server is dbmail 2.2.17.
      >>
      >> Postfix is a member of the sasl group. There is an sasldb2 file
      >> just in case.
      > I am not sure it is your desire to use the sasldb2 file. But if it is
      > then on Debian it needs to be made available in the chroot which on
      > Debian is usually located at /var/spool/postfix/etc. For me it meant
      > the easiest thing to do was to modify the /etc/init.d/postfix script
      > to make sure it was copied into the chroot when it was started.
      >
      > I added etc/sasldb2 to this next section.
      >
      > FILES="etc/sasldb2 etc/localtime etc/services etc/resolv.conf etc/hosts \
      > etc/nsswitch.conf etc/nss_mdns.config"
      > for file in $FILES; do
      > [ -d ${file%/*} ] || mkdir -p ${file%/*}
      > if [ -f /${file} ]; then rm -f ${file} && cp -p /${file} ${file}; fi
      > # if [ -f ${file} ]; then chmod a+rX ${file}; fi
      > done
      >
      > And I also removed that line that is commented out so that the
      > original permissions are preserved. That causes permissions to be
      > preserved from the /etc file into the chroot area when the file is
      > copied into it. Otherwise the file would be available to everyone.
      > Using the original permissions on all of the files is okay.
      >
      > Again, that is only if you are intending to use the sasldb2 file. It
      > is a nice simple fallback. But most schemes use other access control
      > methods.
      >
      > Bob
      Thanks for all your help everyone. I actually found the answer in an
      email from about a year ago. Thank you to google. Apparently saslauthd
      on Ubuntu runs chrooted while postfix does not. In order to make things
      work I had to establish a symbolic link in
      /var/spool/postfix/var/run/saslauthd to /var/run/sadlauthd and that
      solved the trouble.

      Cheers,
      --Curtis