Re: couple of questions...

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 17, 2013
      Vijay Rajah:
      > Hello,
      >
      > I have installed postfix+dovecot on my server for my personal mail. I
      > compiled the binaries from source on Linux platform. is there a (standrad)
      > init.d script that I can use?.. I looked for it in the source was unable to
      > find one...

      Postfix does not provide init scripts. There are major differences
      between Linux distributions, not to mention that there are other
      OSes that differ even more from each other.

      Here is a trivial init script. You would have to customize this so
      that Postfix is started after the hostname is set, and after the
      network stack is initialized.

      #!/bin/sh
      case $1 in
      start) exec postfix start;;
      stop) exec postfix stop;;
      status) exec postfix status;;
      *) echo "Usage: $0 start|stop|status" 1>&2; exit 1;;
      esac

      For all other maintenance use the "postfix" command.

      > Now that my mailserver is working fine, I would like to chroot it. I was
      > wondering of any one has tried the examples/chroot-setup/LINUX2 script,
      > that is included with the source?

      These scripts will require customization. Just like init scripts,
      different systems and different versions of the same system require
      different commands.