Re: Graphing mail stats

  • Bernics Gábor | Penta Unió Zrt.
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 15, 2013

      I think mailgraph cant' show different domains.

      // szevasz Levente :)

      On 15/02/2013 16:29, Nikolaos Milas wrote:
      Hello, Does anyone know of any app like mailgraph, smart enough to combine data from amavis and postfix and provide more detailed stats like: Mail dropped by postscreen Mail dropped by amavis as spam (through spamassassin) Mail dropped by amavis as virus (through clamd)
      Mailgraph http://mailgraph.schweikert.ch/ is really cool, but need to
      make some modifications to see postscreen rejects:
      http://www.birkosan.com/2012/05/mailgraph-with-postfixpostscreen.html

      Amavisd stats is harder a little bit.
      I use with cacti through amavisd-new-snmp

      http://forums.cacti.net/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=46790
      Ideally it would provide a web interface to allow ad hoc queries based on various criteria: time period, stats per sending server/domain etc. Any ideas? Thanks, Nick

    • Nikolaos Milas
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 15, 2013
        On 15/2/2013 4:53 μμ, Birta Levente wrote:

        > Mailgraph http://mailgraph.schweikert.ch/ is really cool, but need to
        > make some modifications to see postscreen rejects:
        > http://www.birkosan.com/2012/05/mailgraph-with-postfixpostscreen.html

        Thanks, I have patched mailgraph for long queue IDs and it works fine
        with those now (as mentioned in the above post).

        However, although I have successfully patched both mailgraph.pl and
        mailgraph.cgi, it doesn't seem to work. (I did it twice to confirm.) In
        the place of the "Bounced-Virus-... etc" diagram nothing appears except
        a "mailgraph" word. Only the "Sent-Received" diagram appears properly.

        Any ideas?

        Thanks,
        Nick
      • Nikolaos Milas
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 16, 2013
          On 15/2/2013 9:47 μμ, Nikolaos Milas wrote:

          > However, although I have successfully patched both mailgraph.pl and
          > mailgraph.cgi, it doesn't seem to work. (I did it twice to confirm.)
          > In the place of the "Bounced-Virus-... etc" diagram nothing appears
          > except a "mailgraph" word. Only the "Sent-Received" diagram appears
          > properly.

          Note that the patch proposed at:
          http://www.networkmonkey.de/mailgraph-und-postscreen/ to support
          postscreen does work.

          So, this is what I am using at the moment.

          If the more complete patch Birta proposes works, then it will be
          preferable because it should display postscreen activity separately
          (while now it appears as "spam"). So, if there is some suggestion on how
          to make it work, I would be interested.

          Regards,
          Nick
        • Birta Levente
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 18, 2013
            On 16/02/2013 12:59, Nikolaos Milas wrote:
            > On 15/2/2013 9:47 μμ, Nikolaos Milas wrote:
            >
            >> However, although I have successfully patched both mailgraph.pl and
            >> mailgraph.cgi, it doesn't seem to work. (I did it twice to confirm.)
            >> In the place of the "Bounced-Virus-... etc" diagram nothing appears
            >> except a "mailgraph" word. Only the "Sent-Received" diagram appears
            >> properly.
            >
            > Note that the patch proposed at:
            > http://www.networkmonkey.de/mailgraph-und-postscreen/ to support
            > postscreen does work.
            >
            > So, this is what I am using at the moment.
            >
            > If the more complete patch Birta proposes works, then it will be
            > preferable because it should display postscreen activity separately
            > (while now it appears as "spam"). So, if there is some suggestion on how
            > to make it work, I would be interested.
            >
            > Regards,
            > Nick

            Before patch you have working mailgraph? If yes, I think you need to
            delete the rrds.

            Levi