Graphing mail stats

  • Nikolaos Milas
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 15, 2013
      Hello,

      Does anyone know of any app like mailgraph, smart enough to combine data
      from amavis and postfix and provide more detailed stats like:

      Mail dropped by postscreen
      Mail dropped by amavis as spam (through spamassassin)
      Mail dropped by amavis as virus (through clamd)

      Ideally it would provide a web interface to allow ad hoc queries based
      on various criteria: time period, stats per sending server/domain etc.

      Any ideas?

      Thanks,
      Nick
    • Birta Levente
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 15, 2013
        On 15/02/2013 16:29, Nikolaos Milas wrote:
        > Hello,
        >
        > Does anyone know of any app like mailgraph, smart enough to combine data
        > from amavis and postfix and provide more detailed stats like:
        >
        > Mail dropped by postscreen
        > Mail dropped by amavis as spam (through spamassassin)
        > Mail dropped by amavis as virus (through clamd)

        Mailgraph http://mailgraph.schweikert.ch/ is really cool, but need to
        make some modifications to see postscreen rejects:
        http://www.birkosan.com/2012/05/mailgraph-with-postfixpostscreen.html

        Amavisd stats is harder a little bit.
        I use with cacti through amavisd-new-snmp

        http://forums.cacti.net/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=46790

        > Ideally it would provide a web interface to allow ad hoc queries based
        > on various criteria: time period, stats per sending server/domain etc.
        >
        > Any ideas?
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Nick
      • Bernics Gábor | Penta Unió Zrt.

          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 15, 2013
            On 15/2/2013 4:53 μμ, Birta Levente wrote:

            > Mailgraph http://mailgraph.schweikert.ch/ is really cool, but need to
            > make some modifications to see postscreen rejects:
            > http://www.birkosan.com/2012/05/mailgraph-with-postfixpostscreen.html

            Thanks, I have patched mailgraph for long queue IDs and it works fine
            with those now (as mentioned in the above post).

            However, although I have successfully patched both mailgraph.pl and
            mailgraph.cgi, it doesn't seem to work. (I did it twice to confirm.) In
            the place of the "Bounced-Virus-... etc" diagram nothing appears except
            a "mailgraph" word. Only the "Sent-Received" diagram appears properly.

            Any ideas?

            Thanks,
            Nick
          • Nikolaos Milas
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 16, 2013
              On 15/2/2013 9:47 μμ, Nikolaos Milas wrote:

              > However, although I have successfully patched both mailgraph.pl and
              > mailgraph.cgi, it doesn't seem to work. (I did it twice to confirm.)
              > In the place of the "Bounced-Virus-... etc" diagram nothing appears
              > except a "mailgraph" word. Only the "Sent-Received" diagram appears
              > properly.

              Note that the patch proposed at:
              http://www.networkmonkey.de/mailgraph-und-postscreen/ to support
              postscreen does work.

              So, this is what I am using at the moment.

              If the more complete patch Birta proposes works, then it will be
              preferable because it should display postscreen activity separately
              (while now it appears as "spam"). So, if there is some suggestion on how
              to make it work, I would be interested.

              Regards,
              Nick
            • Birta Levente
              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 18, 2013
                On 16/02/2013 12:59, Nikolaos Milas wrote:
                > On 15/2/2013 9:47 μμ, Nikolaos Milas wrote:
                >
                >> However, although I have successfully patched both mailgraph.pl and
                >> mailgraph.cgi, it doesn't seem to work. (I did it twice to confirm.)
                >> In the place of the "Bounced-Virus-... etc" diagram nothing appears
                >> except a "mailgraph" word. Only the "Sent-Received" diagram appears
                >> properly.
                >
                > Note that the patch proposed at:
                > http://www.networkmonkey.de/mailgraph-und-postscreen/ to support
                > postscreen does work.
                >
                > So, this is what I am using at the moment.
                >
                > If the more complete patch Birta proposes works, then it will be
                > preferable because it should display postscreen activity separately
                > (while now it appears as "spam"). So, if there is some suggestion on how
                > to make it work, I would be interested.
                >
                > Regards,
                > Nick

                Before patch you have working mailgraph? If yes, I think you need to
                delete the rrds.

                Levi