Re: Relaying email to exchange

  • Mikael Bak
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 15, 2013
      Kevin,

      On 02/14/2013 09:41 PM, Kevin Blackwell wrote:
      > I have 2 mx records. The primary is Exchanges edge server that has it's
      > own internal spam filtering. The secondary is poxtfix server relaying
      > mail to the edge server as a backup mx record. Are you saying the
      > postfix server should be behind the Exchange edge server?

      A rule of thumb is that if you must have a backup MX you should have the
      same spam defence as on the primary one.
      If you can't do that, I suggest you drop the backup MX.

      Alternatively you can hide the exchange behind a postfix, but the you
      should let postfix do the spam filtering and disable spam filter on the
      exchange.

      You must now ask you the question why you need a backup MX.

      HTH,
      Mikael