Avoiding being a backscatter source, canonical alternative

  • Brock Henry
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 14, 2013
      Hi,

      I want to receive mail for old domains, and map them to the new domain.

      I currently have
      /etc/postfix/main.cf:
          canonical_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/canonical

      /etc/postfix/canonical:

      This works, but as mentioned in the documents, makes me a potential source of backscatter.

      However, I don't understand what the alternative is.

      My LDAP lookups should all use newdomain.com.au. I also want to map @mail01.newdomain.com.au to @newdomain.com.au for incoming mail delivery/LDAP lookups, etc.

      All my users are virtual users.

      I've read about generic and masquerading, but I'm not sure if they are what I want.

      Thanks, Brock