Re: Restrict some users to local recipients only?

  • Dominik George
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 12 4:31 PM
      Hi Patrick,

      > I have a customer who would like to configure the Postfix server he uses
      > such that certain users can only send to local users. I'm wondering if
      > there are any built-in facilities for restricting which delivery agents can
      > be used by particular users? (Or some other clever way of achieving the
      > same end result.) I realize security measures would also need to be taken
      > to lock down the machine from which the mail is being sent, but that's not
      > my problem ;)

      Does "users" for you mean

      a) clients
      b) envelope senders
      c) SASL authenticated users?

      -nik

      --
      * mirabilos is handling my post-1990 smartphone *
      <mirabilos> Aaah, it vibrates! Wherefore art thou, demonic device??

      PGP-Fingerprint: 3C9D 54A4 7575 C026 FB17 FD26 B79A 3C16 A0C4 F296
    • Patrick
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 13 3:23 PM
        Hi Dominik,

        I believe envelope senders is what he's wanting, though SASL authenticated users could probably work, too.

        Patrick

        On Tue, Feb 12, 2013 at 4:31 PM, Dominik George <nik@...> wrote:
        Hi Patrick,

        > I have a customer who would like to configure the Postfix server he uses
        > such that certain users can only send to local users. I'm wondering if
        > there are any built-in facilities for restricting which delivery agents can
        > be used by particular users? (Or some other clever way of achieving the
        > same end result.) I realize security measures would also need to be taken
        > to lock down the machine from which the mail is being sent, but that's not
        > my problem ;)

        Does "users" for you mean

         a) clients
         b) envelope senders
         c) SASL authenticated users?

        -nik

        --
        * mirabilos is handling my post-1990 smartphone *
        <mirabilos> Aaah, it vibrates! Wherefore art thou, demonic device??

        PGP-Fingerprint: 3C9D 54A4 7575 C026 FB17  FD26 B79A 3C16 A0C4 F296

      • Jeroen Geilman
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 15 4:41 PM
          On 02/14/2013 12:23 AM, Patrick wrote:

          > I have a customer who would like to configure the Postfix server he uses
          > such that certain users can only send to local users.

          Use a restriction class that implements this; examples are included here:

          I'm wondering if
          > there are any built-in facilities for restricting which delivery agents can
          > be used by particular users?

          Delivery agents deliver queued mail. The decision to accept the mail for a particular destination has already been made at that point.

          --
          J.