Split users outbound traffic to a different IP address.

  • Brice Figureau
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 11, 2013
      Hi,

      Due to our traffic increasing, I'd like to split our corporate e-mail
      traffic from our transactional traffic (mostly account creations
      confimation and order confirmation e-mails) to different outbound smtp
      IP address.

      The way we can identify corporate users is either by distinct IP address
      or SASL authenticated users (and by sender e-mail).

      Considering I'm running postfix 2.7 what would be the best way to
      achieve this?

      I'm using postfix for a really long time now, but quite dropped
      following the development and new features, so I might have missed a lot
      of new stuff.

      I've looked to the sender_dependent_default_transport_maps configuration
      directive, but it requires to list all the senders (which is doable
      automatically from our ldap system, but requires an external cron). This
      would be combined with a different smtp transport bound to a different
      IP address.

      So, the only way apparently to do exactly what I want is to have second
      postfix instance, to which authenticated users e-mail would be relayed
      (could be done with an amavis policy banks). This second instance would
      bind to a different IP address.

      Is there any other options, I might have not find by myself?
      Thanks!
      --
      Brice Figureau
      My Blog: http://www.masterzen.fr/