Re: permit_mx_backup needless when using relay_domains?

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 8, 2013
      weber@...:
      > ist the option "permit_mx_backup" needless when i use "relay_domains"
      > in my main.cf?
      >
      > my thought is, that another mailserver cant relay mails for an domain
      > that is not listed in "relay_domains".
      > so what is the special of "permit_mx_backkup" ?

      relay_domains: YOU specify what domains you accept.

      permit_mx_backup: RANDOM STRANGERS specify what domains you accept.

      In addition, YOU can validate recipients with relay_recipient_maps
      so that YOU don't become a backscatter source. There is no equivalent
      mechansm for permit_mx_backup, making you a backscatter source.