Re: Archiving mails based on subject - Was: Re: sometimes_bcc?

  • Robert Schetterer
    Message 1 of 16 , Feb 7 8:12 AM
      Am 07.02.2013 15:55, schrieb Noel Jones:
      > On 2/7/2013 8:29 AM, Michael Storz wrote:
      >>
      >> How about using a smtp_header_checks with FILTER action which routes
      >> such emails to another postfix instance which will then bcc all emails?
      >
      > Nice thought. smtp_header_checks can't change the destination, but
      > you could use FILTER with regular header_checks. This could be made
      > to work, but doesn't seem like a very good solution because of the
      > complex mail routing involved. I think using amavisd-new is the
      > most promising idea.
      >

      > -- Noel Jones

      hi Noel, what about using a separate bcc transport to archive domain with
      smtp_header_checks pcre if subject REDIRECT user@domain
      all other DISCARD ?

      Best Regards
      MfG Robert Schetterer

      --
      [*] sys4 AG

      http://sys4.de, +49 (89) 30 90 46 64
      Franziskanerstraße 15, 81669 München

      Message 2 of 16 , Feb 7 8:41 AM
        On 2/7/2013 10:12 AM, Robert Schetterer wrote:
        > Am 07.02.2013 15:55, schrieb Noel Jones:
        >> On 2/7/2013 8:29 AM, Michael Storz wrote:
        >>>
        >>> How about using a smtp_header_checks with FILTER action which routes
        >>> such emails to another postfix instance which will then bcc all emails?
        >>
        >> Nice thought. smtp_header_checks can't change the destination, but
        >> you could use FILTER with regular header_checks. This could be made
        >> to work, but doesn't seem like a very good solution because of the
        >> complex mail routing involved. I think using amavisd-new is the
        >> most promising idea.
        >>

        >> -- Noel Jones
        >>

        > hi Noel, what about using a separate bcc transport to archive domain with
        > smtp_header_checks pcre if subject REDIRECT user@domain
        > all other DISCARD ?

        smtp_header_checks can't change the destination, so no REDIRECT and
        no DISCARD.

        I suppose you could BCC everything to a separate postfix instance
        (transport table entry for the bcc recipient that points to a
        separate instance) and use header_checks in the second postfix to
        DISCARD non-matching subjects. Mail without a Subject: would not be
        discarded; header_checks can't test for missing headers. This might
        work, but I'd be concerned about mail loops.