Re: Postscreen status script, take two

  • Steve Jenkins
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 6, 2013
      On Sun, Feb 3, 2013 at 9:06 AM, Mike. <the.lists@...> wrote:
      Version 1.4 of the pslogscan.sh script, incorporating the above fixes,
      is available at:
      http://archive.mgm51.com/sources/pslogscan.html

      Hey, Mike. It's a cool idea - and almost works on a CentOS 6 box, but I'm getting "ambiguous redirect" errors in a couple of cases. When it's first run (/tmp/pslogscan does not exist yet) I get:

      # ./pslogscan.sh /var/log/maillog
      Scanning /var/log/maillog
      mktemp: cannot create temp file /tmp/pslogscan: File exists

        CONNECT log records:      1106
        PASS NEW log records:     50
        PASS OLD log records:     25
        WHITELISTED log records:  717
        BLACKLISTED log records:  0

                rejected:         314  (28%)

        Protocol errors:
                      HANGUP log records:  223
                    PREGREET log records:  62
                BARE NEWLINE log records:  0
          COMMAND TIME LIMIT log records:  0
          COMMAND PIPELINING log records:  0

        DNS black lists log records:
      ./pslogscan.sh: line 140: ${TmpFile}: ambiguous redirect
                    zen.spamhaus.org:

      Then it freezes and I have to CTRL+C out.

      On all subsequent attempts (if /tmp/pslogscan already exists) I get:

      # ./pslogscan.sh /var/log/maillog
      Scanning /var/log/maillog
      mktemp: cannot create temp file /tmp/pslogscan: File exists
      mktemp: cannot create temp file /tmp/pslogscan: File exists

      ./pslogscan.sh: line 78: ${PostscreenLog}: ambiguous redirect

      Thanks for your efforts! I'm happy to test out future versions on my system. Feel free to email me directly and I'll test them out.

      SteveJ
    • Steve Jenkins
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 6, 2013
        On Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 9:41 AM, Steve Jenkins <stevejenkins@...> wrote:
[...]

        And.... ignore all that. Commenting mktempTemplate=pslogscan and uncommenting #mktempTemplate=pslogscan.XXX did the trick. :)

        Thx again!

        SteveJ