Maildir format nor working

  • Muhammad Yousuf Khan
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 6, 2013
      Hi all,

      it is set home_mailbox = Maildir/ in my main.cf and i am using virtual
      maps and virtual domains in testing environment. i can receive emails
      but not in maildir format rather ASCII text format.
      here is an example, sahmad is a username and it showed up as a file
      not a directory

      >file sahmad
      sahmad: ASCII mail text

      however as per the Maildir/ format it suppose to be in Maildir
      directory structure. would you please help me to find out the issue.

      i am following this

      https://help.ubuntu.com/community/PostfixVirtualMailBoxClamSmtpHowto
      and using debian version 6.0.4

      here is my postconf -n

      alias_database = hash:/etc/aliases
      alias_maps = hash:/etc/aliases
      append_dot_mydomain = no
      biff = no
      config_directory = /etc/postfix
      home_mailbox = Maildir/
      inet_interfaces = all
      mailbox_size_limit = 0
      myhostname = localhost
      mynetworks = 127.0.0.0/8, 10.0.0.0/24
      myorigin = $myhostname
      recipient_delimiter = +
      smtpd_banner = $myhostname ESMTP $mail_name (Ubuntu/GNU)
      virtual_gid_maps = static:5000
      virtual_mailbox_base = /maildb/vmail
      virtual_mailbox_domains = /etc/postfix/vhosts
      virtual_mailbox_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/vmaps
      virtual_minimum_uid = 1000
      virtual_uid_maps = static:5000
    • Muhammad Yousuf Khan
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 6, 2013
        the error is resolved. it was the issue of virtual host maps. it seems
        like document is a bit older though there is too much to learn from
        it. good document.

        i had to define it like "$user $mail-base/$domain.com/$user/Maildir
        in my "virtual_mailbox_maps" other wise mails are received in mbox
        format (which is not maildir)

        " home_mailbox " only works for local users not for virtual users/mailboxes