Re: Postscreen status script, take two

  • Mike.
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 3, 2013
      On 2/2/2013 at 9:52 AM Sahil Tandon wrote:

      |Be careful with grep(1) patterns. You overstate CONNECTs by
      |including 'NOQUEUE: reject: CONNECT' in the count.

      I tightened up that regex to include only the CONNECT occurrences I
      want.

      | Meanwhile, the script
      | understates total DNSBL rejections,...
      |
      |A similar mistake occurs in the attempt to
      |aggregate 9+ ranks:
      =============

      I fixed both of those.

      Version 1.4 of the pslogscan.sh script, incorporating the above fixes,
      is available at:
      http://archive.mgm51.com/sources/pslogscan.html

      Thanks again for your feedback.
    • Steve Jenkins
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 6, 2013
        On Sun, Feb 3, 2013 at 9:06 AM, Mike. <the.lists@...> wrote:
        Version 1.4 of the pslogscan.sh script, incorporating the above fixes,
        is available at:
        http://archive.mgm51.com/sources/pslogscan.html

        Hey, Mike. It's a cool idea - and almost works on a CentOS 6 box, but I'm getting "ambiguous redirect" errors in a couple of cases. When it's first run (/tmp/pslogscan does not exist yet) I get:

        # ./pslogscan.sh /var/log/maillog
        Scanning /var/log/maillog
        mktemp: cannot create temp file /tmp/pslogscan: File exists

          CONNECT log records:      1106
          PASS NEW log records:     50
          PASS OLD log records:     25
          WHITELISTED log records:  717
          BLACKLISTED log records:  0

                  rejected:         314  (28%)

          Protocol errors:
                        HANGUP log records:  223
                      PREGREET log records:  62
                  BARE NEWLINE log records:  0
            COMMAND TIME LIMIT log records:  0
            COMMAND PIPELINING log records:  0

          DNS black lists log records:
        ./pslogscan.sh: line 140: ${TmpFile}: ambiguous redirect
                      zen.spamhaus.org:

        Then it freezes and I have to CTRL+C out.

        On all subsequent attempts (if /tmp/pslogscan already exists) I get:

        # ./pslogscan.sh /var/log/maillog
        Scanning /var/log/maillog
        mktemp: cannot create temp file /tmp/pslogscan: File exists
        mktemp: cannot create temp file /tmp/pslogscan: File exists

        ./pslogscan.sh: line 78: ${PostscreenLog}: ambiguous redirect

        Thanks for your efforts! I'm happy to test out future versions on my system. Feel free to email me directly and I'll test them out.

        SteveJ
      • Steve Jenkins
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 6, 2013
          On Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 9:41 AM, Steve Jenkins <stevejenkins@...> wrote:
[...]

          And.... ignore all that. Commenting mktempTemplate=pslogscan and uncommenting #mktempTemplate=pslogscan.XXX did the trick. :)

          Thx again!

          SteveJ