Re: Creating exceptions to greylisting

  • James Griffin
    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 3, 2013
      --> Gerben Wierda <gerben.wierda@...> [2013-02-02 20:55:42 +0100]:

      > Just so there is no misunderstanding: I am unhappy running an
      > older version that is not updated with security fixes anymore and
      > I had planned to upgrade before now (but not immediately when 10.8
      > came out as 10.8.0 Server was not what you say trustworthy. I skipped
      > 10.7 server altogether because it is a disaster area. I plan
      > to upgrade asap to 10.8 server.

      Sure, I can understand that.

      > Does macports overwrite what Apple has provided or does it have
      > ts own separate tree (like fink used to have, which means you get
      > another job that is: keeping the second tree up to date)?

      No, Macports does not overwrite what Apple has installed and yes,
      it does use its own separate filesystem as Fink does; it's under
      /opt/local. However, they do specify that have programs installed
      in /usr/local (i.e. manually installed or otherwise) causes issues
      when using Macports. Totally OT, sorry about that.

      It does provide you a way of keeping installed programs up-to-date
      which is why I suggested it. You simply use launctl/Launchd to
      select which MTA you use; i.e. the Macports installed version or
      the Apple preinstalled version.