Re: Diagnosing missing mail

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 31, 2013
      Charles Marcus:
      > Hello all,
      >
      > We finally ditched postini for MailDistiller for our anti-spam service,
      > and are mostly happy, but we're having a problem receiving certain
      > emails from a site affiliated with our Bank of America accounts...

      Looking at mail that *is delivered* won't tell you what happened
      with mail that is lost.

      You need to find out which messages disappear down a black hole.

      First, make sure local mail handling is sound: analyze Postfix logs
      and find out if any received mail is not logged as delivered or
      returned.

      Second, mail may be lost up-stream. Set up a cron job that sends
      one message each hour through your mail security provider, and look
      at their arrival pattern: how much delay, how much never delivered.