Re: ot: bcc smtp-auth for a user? monitoring a user's mails?

  • /dev/rob0
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 30, 2013
      On Wed, Jan 30, 2013 at 11:31:21PM +1100, lists@... wrote:
      > we have a contractor given an email address for use in contacting
      > clients, the boss would like to bcc all his outbound mails, is
      > there a way to bcc all outbound emails for one user ?
      > (I realize he can simply change his smtp to another smtp server
      > to overcome this, but, that's what the boss wants...)
      > other suggestions to monitor emails welcomed, tia

      Simplest means is sender_bcc_maps, but of course that assumes he's
      using the provided sender address.

      You can require AUTH for all submission and enforce sender addresses
      per SASL username:

      http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#smtpd_sender_login_maps and

      Then perhaps that's not a problem, because boss' main concern might
      be what this contractor is saying on behalf of your company? If he
      changes sender address to another domain, that's not hurting your
      company reputation. It all depends how secure and ironclad you want
      to make it. Most users don't even know how to configure a MUA, much
      less that they could set the sender address to anything they want.