Re: OT: Mail forwarding services

  • Stan Hoeppner
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 30, 2013
      On 1/30/2013 6:13 AM, Fernando Maior wrote:
      > Hello All,
      >
      > In the area where my office is, internet providers cannot offer us links
      > with fixed ip, only dhcp. I wonder if someone in the list knows about a
      > mail forwarder server that can receive emails from my server and forwards
      > them to the internet in our behalf.

      In this case simply configure a relayhost and outbound SASL auth, and
      use the provider's submission server. Basic configuration information
      can be found here:
      http://www.hardwarefreak.com/postfix-adsl-relay-config.txt

      That covers outbound. With a dynamic IP, how are you receiving mail to
      your domain/server? Are you using a dynamic DNS service? If so, those
      services usually offer mail relaying, albeit for an extra fee.

      --
      Stan
    • /dev/rob0
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 30, 2013
        On Wed, Jan 30, 2013 at 10:13:58AM -0200, Fernando Maior wrote:
        > In the area where my office is, internet providers cannot offer us
        > links with fixed ip, only dhcp. I wonder if someone in the list
        > knows about a mail forwarder server that can receive emails from my
        > server and forwards them to the internet in our behalf.

        Perhaps cheaper, and perhaps better than this: you could get a VPS
        and run your own mail service, both MX and outbound, from there.
        There are many different VPS providers, as well as different
        virtualization technologies they use.

        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_private_server

        I wouldn't say a VPS is for everyone: you generally do need to be (or
        to have employed) a competent system administrator, not to mention a
        mail system administrator . But it's also an affordable way to gain
        such experience.
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 30, 2013
          Le 30/01/2013 13:13, Fernando Maior a écrit :
          > Hello All,
          >
          > In the area where my office is, internet providers cannot offer us links
          > with fixed ip, only dhcp. I wonder if someone in the list knows about a
          > mail forwarder server that can receive emails from my server and forwards
          > them to the internet in our behalf.

          well, it really depends on a way too many things! how much mail do you
          send? are you ready to pay for or are you looking for a free service
          (free also means no contractual guarantee)? ... etc.

          for a "free" service, you can try google or other.
          if you want "something else", many of us here (including $self) can
          setup that for you. the richer you are, the more we will make you pay:)
          If it's for a charity org or the like, I'll do that for free (with the
          usual things: no mass mail, no stupid sender).